Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Re: Immigration 'hostile environment' criticised.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We don't have a million illegals, probably or not probably.
How many do we have then Einstein?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:08 PM

By their very nature we cannot know how many illegal immigrants we have in this country. Any figure given has to be a guess, designed more for propaganda than real information.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
By their very nature we cannot know how many illegal immigrants we have in this country. Any figure given has to be a guess, designed more for propaganda than real information.
Exactly!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Propaganda for who though?

It was David Wood, a former director-general of immigration enforcement that inferred there may be a million. I'm sure he knows more than us and didn't pluck the figure out of the air.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

It was David Wood, a former director-general of immigration enforcement that inferred there may be a million. I'm sure he knows more than us and didn't pluck the figure out of the air.
He is justifying his own position plus doing the bidding of his masters.
How can he know? I assume he is not psychic. I am pretty sure the average illegal immigrant doesn't sign in on arriving.
I assume it is a guess based upon previous apprehensions of illegal immigrants which has to be a bit hit and miss and laden with assumptions that may or may not be valid.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:23 PM

Yes it was Wood, Fender ..... I just rummaged and found the article in the Times. October 2017.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...oved-8gs6j9rwm
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:25 PM

He is justifying his own position plus doing the bidding of his masters.
How can he know? I assume he is not psychic. I am pretty sure the average illegal immigrant doesn't sign in on arriving.
I assume it is a guess based upon previous apprehensions of illegal immigrants which has to be a bit hit and miss and laden with assumptions that may or may not be valid.
Quite possibly, but he would still be in the know more than us, and I seriously doubt the authorities would reveal the true figures.
The fact is though, we do bugger all about it and are too soft on the issue in general.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2018, 08:30 PM

Quite possibly, but he would still be in the know more than us, and I seriously doubt the authorities would reveal the true figures.
The fact is though, we do bugger all about it and are too soft on the issue in general.
What, he knows more than Purwell?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

21-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What, he knows more than Purwell?
My cat knows more than Purwell, and he's as daft as a brush....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2018, 08:36 PM

My cat knows more than Purwell, and he's as daft as a brush....
My arse knows more and all it does is sh*t.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top