Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Re: Immigration 'hostile environment' criticised.

As I see it, there are four types of illegal immigrant - clerical errors; trafficked slaves; rather sad people looking for a safe environment who failed to get asylum or who were unable to apply for some reason and criminals.
Really, it is only the last of those that deserve and should get a hostile environment. To treat the others in that way is sadistic to say the least.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
As I see it, there are four types of illegal immigrant - clerical errors; trafficked slaves; rather sad people looking for a safe environment who failed to get asylum or who were unable to apply for some reason and criminals.
Really, it is only the last of those that deserve and should get a hostile environment. To treat the others in that way is sadistic to say the least.
They should still be removed - tough!
Not only that, many of them are simply chancers & economic migrants.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They should still be removed - tough!
Not only that, many of them are simply chancers & economic migrants.
You know that for a fact, do you? Any references?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Are you in favour of saying at some point .... no more.
What about when our resources can't adequately provide for those who live here .... and so can't conceivably expect to provide a new start and a new life for any newcomers.

Personally, I think we've hit that state already. Insufficient social housing. An overstretched, inadequately funded NHS ...etc...etc.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:56 PM

You know that for a fact, do you? Any references?
If they are illegal, they should be removed. End of!

The authorities appear very good at forgetting what the word illegal means.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:57 PM

Guys! guys! Without scrolling back , life is far too short now, I'm not intending to imply insult or judgment here but I am curious to know in order to be able to respond to tge posts in an appropriate manner, so please forgive what appears to be, but in fact is not intended as, an insulting question: But is Purwell a twonk or what!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

21-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Guys! guys! Without scrolling back , life is far too short now, I'm not intending to imply insult or judgment here but I am curious to know in order to be able to respond to tge posts in an appropriate manner, so please forgive what appears to be, but in fact is not intended as, an insulting question: But is Purwell a twonk or what!
You should have been on the stage as a comedian - honesty......
Spat me coffee - again!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:07 PM

I know everyone has a right to be stupid, but for crying out loud he just abuses the privilege.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:17 PM

Hi

We take in 20,000 fully vetted Syrian refugees a year, no threat to the UK.

The number of trafficked illegals is small and, if they have been genuinely trafficked,usually for the sex trade, we do not deport them, we give them asylum and support.

The number of those identified as being wrongly deported, the Windrush , is between 50 and 60,

The rest are here illegally, those who pay to be transported here across thousands of miles and several countries where they would have bben safe.

Those who have paid large amounts to get to Calais and who sneak in on HGVs.

The over stayers, both students and tourists.

We use the term Economic Migrants, but many are Benefit Migrants, we are such a soft touch.

You are, Devo, putting it mildly, completely wrong in your assertions.
Devo
SW UK

21-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We take in 20,000 fully vetted Syrian refugees a year, no threat to the UK.

The number of trafficked illegals is small and, if they have been genuinely trafficked,usually for the sex trade, we do not deport them, we give them asylum and support.

The number of those identified as being wrongly deported, the Windrush , is between 50 and 60,

The rest are here illegally, those who pay to be transported here across thousands of miles and several countries where they would have bben safe.

Those who have paid large amounts to get to Calais and who sneak in on HGVs.

The over stayers, both students and tourists.

We use the term Economic Migrants, but many are Benefit Migrants, we are such a soft touch.

You are, Devo, putting it mildly, completely wrong in your assertions.
Have you any figures? Preferably from an unimpeachable source.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top