Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:43 AM

A Snap General Election?

Hi

Reports are starting.

May simply does not have the Parliamentary Majority to push things through.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-tory...ction-11379345

A good thing or bad?

We are being held to ransom by the DUP and a small group of Conservatives, led by JRM and Boris.

I cannot in all honesty vote for Corbyn, and I certainly cannot vote for my local Tory MP, who is a Fox Hunting Supporting prat who wants to abolish Minimum Wage.

Monster Raving Looney here I come.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:57 AM

Re: A Snap General Election?

The Tories will get in again, I think folk will want them to finish the stuff they started and be taken to account for the mess they're making.
Unfortunately this will mean they'll be in even longer!
I can't vote for Labour with Abbott in there, it would be disastrous! If they change the Shadow Cabinet I might.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:03 AM

I don't t think she has stamped on the remainers hard enough I know the latest poll puts the Tories 4% ahead but it said that last time....honest it's a mess
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't t think she has stamped on the remainers hard enough I know the latest poll puts the Tories 4% ahead but it said that last time....honest it's a mess
Hi

Just leaving, with nothing in place, is a bigger mess.

That is what we are heading for

We are now in a loss making position

We have lost more Income than we paid the EU.

This was not what was promised.

remember Boris?

We can have our Cake and Eat it.

The EU will come running,they haven't.

They need us more than we need them.

Nope, they have done their sums and they don't.

The EU have done free Trade Deals with Japan and South Korea.

We assumed we get the same, they have said swan off.

You have no access to the Single Market, so everything needs to be renegotiated.

This will take years.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:20 AM

I am against Brexit but I don't think another election is a good idea unless Labour changes its leader. I think David Miliband would be a much more credible alternative to Corbyn, and could win them the election.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:25 AM

^^^

That is probably true but will never happen.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
^^^

That is probably true but will never happen.
What won't happen again?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What won't happen again?
Think it was about David Miiband leading the Labour party and not as you seem to say Labour wining a GE.

But back to you original post think that D Miliband would be a great leader but sorry to say it wont happen
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:25 PM

Yes, David Miliband will never lead the Labour party; if he had won the leadership contest then things might have been very different now.

Not that I'm a fan of Labour: they are both 'scumbag nasty parties.'
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am against Brexit but I don't think another election is a good idea unless Labour changes its leader. I think David Miliband would be a much more credible alternative to Corbyn, and could win them the election.
David Miliband would have been leader if the unions hadn't nobbled in favour of brother Ed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top