Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:24 PM

Re: 2 Inch Wasps, OMG.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good God, they're growing!

Two inches long in the first article; three inches long in this one!
Trust a man to think things are bigger
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Trust a man to think things are bigger

I was only quoting the article and, to be honest, I rather hope that the larger figure is an exaggeration.

Even a two-inch one fills me with dread.

We are still talking about Asian giant hornets, aren't we?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I was only quoting the article and, to be honest, I rather hope that the larger figure is an exaggeration.

Even a two-inch one fills me with dread.

We are still talking about Asian giant hornets, aren't we?
Yes
I like teasing you
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes
I like teasing you
I'm relieved to hear it, mainly because two inches is...

er, never mind.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:53 PM

well I hope I never come across one, I am petrified of little wasps never mind these mahoosive buggers. Urgh, vile, evil creatures, stuff of my nightmares
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:04 PM

I have had three of these, not so little, horrors in my house in the last four days. Monstrous looking creatures. They all came to a sticky end by using my trusty can of Kybosh. You need to persevere with it though as they seem to be tough little buggers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
well I hope I never come across one, I am petrified of little wasps never mind these mahoosive buggers. Urgh, vile, evil creatures, stuff of my nightmares

I feel much the same as you LQ.
I can't bear wasps.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-05-2018, 10:49 PM

I have not seen any.
Just moths so far.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I have had three of these, not so little, horrors in my house in the last four days. Monstrous looking creatures. They all came to a sticky end by using my trusty can of Kybosh. You need to persevere with it though as they seem to be tough little buggers.

I prefer to swat things EZ. I worry about using sprays indoors because of the dogs, especially as they've got several water bowls about. I don't like the smell of sprays anyway.

The only thing I catch and set free are bees. I wouldn't hurt them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-05-2018, 10:57 PM

I have mixed feelings.

They are not intrinsically evil - like many human beings are - and are just going about their legitimate business of existing.

Although they are scary, I think I'd prefer just to get them out of the house if I could.

On the other hand, we have two young kittens who love chasing flies. I couldn't bear to see them playing with one of these V-bombers. If their sting is so dangerous for people, our kittens would almost certainly be killed.

For that reason, if I ever saw one around our house I'd be sure to dispatch it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top