Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Bus Passes.

I love my bus pass , the cost of a return into town is £3.50. Often the bus is full of oldies using their passes I do wonder sometimes how first bus can make a profit . It's better for me to use bus than my car when going into town .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:39 PM

I think it would be a good idea to use my bus pass to go into the middle of Manchester. I once tried to drive into Manchester and couldn't get out again. That was before sat-nav, though.

The train would be faster, of course, but Northern Trains (Gatley to Manchester) have become so unreliable recently (it was on the national news today) the bus would be preferable.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
We use it to travel on the London Underground.
Wasn't aware that you could do that.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Wasn't aware that you could do that.
Yes and all main rail services as well...as long as you use it within the London boundaries.

Use my pass all the time visiting all parts of London as far a field as Hampton Court.

Buses and Tube no time restriction.

Main rail services is after 9.30am
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes and all main rail services as well...as long as you use it within the London boundaries.

Use my pass all the time visiting all parts of London as far a field as Hampton Court.

Buses and Tube no time restriction.

Main rail services is after 9.30am
I would think that is only if you have a London pass not one from any other local authority. I do know that I can get half fare on rail journeys that are within Hertfordshire on mine bit if I go to London I have to pay full fare for the last few miles from Boreham Wood to Kings Cross.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I love my bus pass , the cost of a return into town is £3.50. Often the bus is full of oldies using their passes I do wonder sometimes how first bus can make a profit . It's better for me to use bus than my car when going into town .
The bus companies don't stand the cost. It's councils that pay for it. It's a popular service and I read councils can struggle to pay. I sometimes wonder how much longer it can carry on. I can see a nominal charge being introduced at some time or another.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

23-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
The bus companies don't stand the cost. It's councils that pay for it. It's a popular service and I read councils can struggle to pay. I sometimes wonder how much longer it can carry on. I can see a nominal charge being introduced at some time or another.
They waste so much in other ways, why punish us?
To lots of people this bus pass is their only way to get out.
Stuff the bloody bean counters, if they did their jobs properly they could make savings in other areas.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Not quite old enough for a bus pass yet but will be in a few months. I drive everywhere but as there’s a bus stop just opposite our house I might well use it. Obviously it’s no use when I need to do a weekly shop but if I just have to do a few small errands then I might well use it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 05:08 AM

Our council keep saying they cannot afford to sustain bus passes for much longer - then they propose free bus travel for under 16s!! Not sure if they ever organized that - but it was definitely on the cards.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 09:43 AM

I do t have a bus pass as I drive but it would be useful if you go to park and ride in cities bus passes get to go free.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top