Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Bank Holiday Ideas

Hi all

A bit early but do you have any plans for this coming Bank Holiday?

It's my birthday on Monday (just thought I'd get that in ) and on Saturday my husband and I are going to Bridlington for an overnight stay, nothing posh, just a b & b but it will be great to get away. My God Daughter lives in Bridlington so we will be visiting her too. We'll be coming back on Sunday.

On Monday I plan on spending the day with some friends but we aren't sure what to do yet, I'm trying to think of somewhere to go that is easy for wheelchairs as one of my friends has a dreadful illness called Ataxia.

Any ideas welcome.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Re: Bank Holiday Ideas

Unfortunately I am on stand by for work this Bank Holiday.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sorry, that stinks, I'm so glad my work closes weekends and bank holidays, I'm really lucky, saying that though I've done enough weekends and bank holidays when I was working in care so I really treasure my bank holidays and weekends now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:50 PM

My daughter in law is going to Italy for a wedding (a sad affair, the bride's father died a couple of weeks ago but it is still going ahead) leaving my son with twin babies plus three young children so I think I may be in demand .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:52 PM

We haven’t anything planned for the Bank Holiday, I hate the packed roads and queues everywhere. We’ll probably spend a couple of relaxing days in the garden if the weather is good.

Enjoy your overnight stay in Bridlington, LQ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We all need ice creams.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My daughter in law is going to Italy for a wedding (a sad affair, the bride's father died a couple of weeks ago but it is still going ahead) leaving my son with twin babies plus three young children so I think I may be in demand .
oh how lovely, you are so blessed to have grandchildren, but twins, oh my, what fun. I think you are in for a fun bank holiday hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We haven’t anything planned for the Bank Holiday, I hate the packed roads and queues everywhere. We’ll probably spend a couple of relaxing days in the garden if the weather is good.

Enjoy your overnight stay in Bridlington, LQ...
Thank you Mags,

I think the Bank HOliday is meant to be nice weather fingers crossed then you can enjoy your garden.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi all

A bit early but do you have any plans for this coming Bank Holiday?

It's my birthday on Monday (just thought I'd get that in ) and on Saturday my husband and I are going to Bridlington for an overnight stay, nothing posh, just a b & b but it will be great to get away. My God Daughter lives in Bridlington so we will be visiting her too. We'll be coming back on Sunday.

On Monday I plan on spending the day with some friends but we aren't sure what to do yet, I'm trying to think of somewhere to go that is easy for wheelchairs as one of my friends has a dreadful illness called Ataxia.

Any ideas welcome.
What about a DVD film afternoon?

A couple of Girlie flicks, some hot dogs, pop corn and refreshments.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What about a DVD film afternoon?

A couple of Girlie flicks, some hot dogs, pop corn and refreshments.
The husband will be home but I guess I could lock him in the bathroom. Actually the cinema is an idea, I think I'll look see whats on, thanks LD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top