Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Re: Bank Holiday Ideas

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you Mags,

I think the Bank HOliday is meant to be nice weather fingers crossed then you can enjoy your garden.
Thank you LQ, the weather will make all the difference
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Nothing planned as yet, might to the seaside at Burnham on Crouch, all depends on the weather, they also have a lot of Antiques shops there that I like looking around, if we don't get there, then might go to the Indian Restaurant instead.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:27 PM

Hi all

A bit early but do you have any plans for this coming Bank Holiday?

It's my birthday on Monday (just thought I'd get that in ) and on Saturday my husband and I are going to Bridlington for an overnight stay, nothing posh, just a b & b but it will be great to get away. My God Daughter lives in Bridlington so we will be visiting her too. We'll be coming back on Sunday.

On Monday I plan on spending the day with some friends but we aren't sure what to do yet, I'm trying to think of somewhere to go that is easy for wheelchairs as one of my friends has a dreadful illness called Ataxia.

Any ideas welcome.
Sorry I had to quote to remember it all.
Do they have any outdoor theatres in your area?
If the weather is good, they are great fun.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry I had to quote to remember it all.
Do they have any outdoor theatres in your area?
If the weather is good, they are great fun.
I am not sure although I do know they are showing a Greatest Showman singalong outdoors in Leeds in September, I'm gutted to be missing it though because I will be on holiday, mind you rather be on holiday lol.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:48 PM

I am not sure although I do know they are showing a Greatest Showman singalong outdoors in Leeds in September, I'm gutted to be missing it though because I will be on holiday, mind you rather be on holiday lol.
Absolutely
How about doing your own? Just improvise, get some costumes from the charity shop
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 09:03 PM

On the Saturday I am going into the town centre to have a look at the Spirit of Harborough.
Even though I have lived here two and a half years I have not been before.

http://www.goleicestershire.com/Mark...harbrough.aspx

On the Sunday my daughter is coming to see me and bringing her two dogs and we are planning to go to a place about 10 minutes from my house called Foxton Locks.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/place...xoCeE4QAvD_BwE

On the Monday I will probably chill out in the garden if the weather is good.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
On the Saturday I am going into the town centre to have a look at the Spirit of Harborough.
Even though I have lived here two and a half years I have not been before.

http://www.goleicestershire.com/Mark...harbrough.aspx

On the Sunday my daughter is coming to see me and bringing her two dogs and we are planning to go to a place about 10 minutes from my house called Foxton Locks.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/place...xoCeE4QAvD_BwE

On the Monday I will probably chill out in the garden if the weather is good.
Looks like you are in for a good weekend MC, both places look good.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 09:57 PM

Not sure yet but it will most definitely be local. We are within driving distance of beauty spots. The motorways will be horrendous, so that is out of the question.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 08:17 AM

Days seem to roll into one for me and bank holidays are just another day . I keep away from the town and stay off the roads as they become one long traffic jam here . I remember the great feeling when working when a bank holiday was near and the thought of a day off work . I still feel so lucky to be retired now , life is nicer .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 08:34 AM

We will do what we do every day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top