Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Nervous about nothing?

I have basal cell carcinoma, a small streak that starts almost at the tear duct under my left eye. It's being cut out today - such a tiny area but being so close to my eye, in such a thin-skinned area, it's giving me the shakes. I've had a C-section, carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists, but neither made me this nervous! On May 26 I'm having tests to 'rule out' uterine cancer and even that isn't worrying me (yet).

Avoiding my morning coffee as I think I'll just shake even more... silly, aren't I?

Oh, and I'm to be awake and lay there relaxed for the procedure.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Re: Nervous about nothing?

I can relate to everything you are saying Annie. The medics can do almost anything they like to me apart from mess around with my eyes, that terrifies me for some reason, and always has done...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 03:31 PM

You're not silly at all.

Nervous, yes ... and it's the waiting as these things approach closer that give you the nasty butterfies in the tummy.

I hope all goes well for you ...
XX
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 03:37 PM

I too hope all goes wel for you today Annie x x x x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 03:45 PM

I hope all will go well for you Annie .....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Thanks all ... I'm going to nap for an hour if the butterflies let me, then off to the hospital.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Swat those tummy butterflies by not thinking about the hospital ... but thinking about when it's over and what you'll be doing tomorrow.

XX
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

18-05-2011, 01:18 PM

Dr. had great bedside manner - worst part was the needles for freezing. One eye heavily bandaged and other has wobbly/fuzzy vision so this is it for typing today... back to bed for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Dr. had great bedside manner - worst part was the needles for freezing. One eye heavily bandaged and other has wobbly/fuzzy vision so this is it for typing today... back to bed for me.
So pleased it's all done for you, Annie, the best things to do is rest your eyes now.

How long does the eye dressing have stay on for?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Sorry I missed this post Annie-hope all has gone well for you....take care....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top