Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 03:27 AM

Waiting by the phone (update@post24)

My mom is 84, lives 1.5 hours away... spoke with her 40 minutes ago and she told me she had a 'strange' evening.

Apparently after she had a light supper tonight, in the kitchen, she lost all memory of what she did for about an hour and 'came to' in her wheelchair in her bedroom, with the phone ringing. She has no idea what happened.

I asked her to call me right back as soon as she could make the transfer into bed, or not. She said it would be 10 -15 minutes but I know it takes a bit longer. I'm ready to get in the car and drive there as soon as I know she needs my help but I don't have a key and am trying to reach my brother to meet me there. Feeling a bit frantic at the moment. Will call her in a few more minutes if she still hasn't replied and if no answer I'm on my way as much as I hate night driving. I wish I lived on her street, not so bloody far away
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Re: Waiting by the phone (update@post24)

I do hope everything is alright Annie Jack and that mum is ok.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 10:15 AM

It's very worrying when you know your mum is on her own, I do hope she is ok, Sue. Maybe a good idea to have her checked over by the doctor tomorrow .....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 10:31 AM

How worrying for you, especially as she is some distance away. I agree with Mags, to have her checked out by the doctor. Fingers crossed that all is ok.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 02:46 PM

Sue what a worry for you, I hope your Mum is alright.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I hope you were able to get back in touch with her Anniejack. I hope your mum is OK and there is nothing to worry about.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Annie, what happened, how is your Mum?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Oh dear Anniej hope its all alright, what a worry.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 07:04 PM

Hi all - I'm at Mom's and she's ok. I drove here last night and arrived just past midnight. My brother had phoned her neighbours who have a key and they came in to check. She couldn't answer her phone which is connected to the Lifeline service because it was going straight to voice mail even when she tried to activate it using her Lifeline wrist bracelet. We've reconfigured the phone and terminal and tested it - all ok. Took me til 1:40 am to help her into bed as I'm not that strong myself but we both got about 6 hours of sleep.

I've just been on the phone with her physiotherapist who is coming tomorrow at 2 pm. We need to follow up with her doctor because of the blackout yesterday and her fatigue now. I expect I'll stay overnight again to be here for the therapist. Mom is very tired, having a light lunch in bed and doesn't want to get up today. I'll be napping soon I think.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Thinking of you AJ and I hope your mum is going to be ok Look after yourself too xx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top