Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Re: Waiting by the phone (update@post24)

What a relief! I'm glad your Mum is ok, Sue - you must be shattered after your travelling and coping with things there.

Hopefully the doctor will be able to pinpoint the cause of your Mum's blackout and treat her accordingly.

I hope you're able to get some rest yourself ..... take care.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the update, we were worried. Let us know what the doctor says ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Hi Sue it is good to hear your Mum is ok.

You take care and try to rest when you can.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 08:40 PM

I echo all of the above Sue

Just make sure you get your rest too.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Im glad mum is ok, must have been very stressful for you. I hope you both get some deserved rest.

You will be a lot happier once the doctor has given mum the once over and checked her out.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2011, 03:19 AM

I'm tired but ok. Mom slept most of today and I cat-napped. Got up at 7 pm and she had a good appetite for supper and seemed much more alert than last night.

My sister is staying here overnight with me as neither of us can manage alone. All 3 of us have MS so it's kind of nice to have each other to compare notes and strategies, and we do the best we can. Mom's is the most progressed of course, but Nancy and I are hoping the MS diet will slow the progress. Glad the physiotherapist and occupational therapist are both coming on Monday. Also glad Mom has a computer and an internet connection!
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Hope your mum is better Annie Jack ... what a worry for you.
My Mum used to live only 5 minutes away but I still panicked when she didn't answer her 'phone.

Hope all is well.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 01:27 AM

Thank you for all the kind wishes. Mom is a bit stronger again today, managing 2 of her transfers from bed to wheelchair and back without assistance. On Sunday it took my sister and I almost 2 hours to do one transfer with her so this is great improvement. I have a friend who has been a geriatric nurse for 35 years and she visited today. Mom took a liking to her and was attentive to her recommendations for more grab bars, exercise, and nutrition, so if she works at it she might be able stay in her own home for a while yet. She also suggested we have her tested for a bladder infection as that can cause weakness and confusion. We have a PSW coming in 3 times daily and are settling into a routine. I'm tired, miss my own bed, know what a mess my SO and his kids will have made while I'm gone, but life is ok.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:11 AM

Thanks for the update, Annie, glad your Mum is a bit better. How long will you be staying there?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:25 PM

I'm glad your mum is a bit better, Annie.

Hopefully the kids will have knuckled down and kept your house tidy for when you get back

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top