Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Re: Deafness

Hammer, I would be very grateful for any information you can provide for coping with tinnitus as I have it 365 days a year
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Hammer there is the previous thread here on Tinnitus if you wish to add to it, I am sure some of us will find your information useful...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5445
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

15-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hammer there is the previous thread here on Tinnitus if you wish to add to it, I am sure some of us will find your information useful...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5445
Thanks Meg, I did remember starting that one off but I did forgot to add to it.
I have a whole host of stuff from my therapy clinics and I did ask my therapist if she minded me posting them and she was happy for me to do that.
I will try and put it into some sort of order and perhaps resurrect that thread.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Thanks Meg, I did remember starting that one off but I did forgot to add to it.
I have a whole host of stuff from my therapy clinics and I did ask my therapist if she minded me posting them and she was happy for me to do that.
I will try and put it into some sort of order and perhaps resurrect that thread.
Hammer please do if you feel up to it. That way we won't hijack Aitche's thread so much and the thread title of the original thread may help others to locate information.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 07:49 PM

I hope you get used to your hearings aids soon, Aitch. I presume they're comfy so that you're not constantly aware of them.

I'm sorry to hear so many folk have hearing problems, and I also know someone who has tinnitus, but I believe there's no cure. That must be horrible.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 08:32 PM

I have two hearing aids and feel very awkward with them, I think when people see a hearing aid it reminds them you are deaf and they mouth at you like an idiot. Yes they are good aitch but mine make my ears hot and itch, so only wear them when I have too and yes watching TV of course. They do help me with the tinnitus I must say.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Hammer, you add whatever you wish to the thread, as every bit of information may go a long way to helping someone else's problems, I never gave tinnitus a thought when I started the post, just hoping for a bit of encouragement more than anything, but any little hint of help will certainly be beneficial to some one, and Mollie, they are easing, the left one is fine, its just the right side that is giving me a problem, I had a red hot spark down that lughole, when I was on demolition in the late 60s, and was told that there was slight scarring in there but that nothing could be done, now I am paying the price, and before I forget how are you doing.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Sorry to hear of the scarring in your lughole, Aitch, but I'm sure you'll get used to that side as well soon.

Am alreet me owd pal, and I don't care wor'anybody sez!
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 08:52 PM

dont ler um grind you down Mollie,
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 08:57 PM

Keep goin wit yed down Mollie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top