Join for free
Page 225 of 276 « First < 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:10 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Hardest part is packing my clothes; I can only carry so much with me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hardest part is packing my clothes; I can only carry so much with me.
Do you not have a pull along small suitcase?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:16 PM

No, I've never liked them and am not convinced they hold more than my 2 bags for life, 1 from Sainsburys the other, made from Jute from Waitrose.

What to take into hospital is often a perplexing issue. I've got enough clothes but what else do I need? A mobile phone charger, toiletries (for which I've got a nice pouch), my house keys, a little cash, my bank card. My mobile definitely, I need to contact people plus I enjoy perusing the web. I always forget something. This last admission I lost 2 pairs of jeans which I'm convinced were stolen. How else can you lose clothing?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:28 PM

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow Ffosse...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:34 PM

Is your bag or suitcase lockable with a padlock Ffosse? Might be a good idea

Good luck this time though mate, let's hope they can finally get you back to living a decent life again. No way should one person have to go through what you have suffered
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

26-02-2019, 02:50 PM

Thanks Mags and Floydy.

I suppose by this time in life I should have invested in some sort of luggage. But I've managed with 2 bag before and will again. I don't know how long I'll be in for and I know my sister has some of my clothes which she'll have washed.

But she's notoriously difficult to get hold off. To be fair, she has 3 children and about 8 grandchildren so she's very busy babysitting most of the time; it just gets to me, though, that the only time I see her is when I'm ill.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

26-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Good luck this time though mate, let's hope they can finally get you back to living a decent life again. No way should one person have to go through what you have suffered
I think it's just a matter of bad luck in my case. At least I can still walk around (even if it's sore and uncomfortable) I still enjoy posting on here, my appetite has come back, I'm enjoying watching TV again and reading a bit. I listen to my music mostly in the mornings but I still enjoy it. When others are sleeping, I'm listening to Rush or Led Zepellin or the Who. With headphones of course.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Well today's the day of my readmission to hospital. I'm leaving slightly early and visiting the Maggies centre for a cup of tea and a chinwag before my admission. They're the charity I gave £2k to. I also plan on visiting the teenage cancer trust while I'm in hospital to donate some money to them too. Or if that's not possible I can do it over the phone or on the internet.

The hospital want to know if it was the steroids I was given which made me delirious the last time. I'm of the view that it was everything combined: the cancer itself, the chemo I got along with the stress I was under, plus the steroids. Normally I would just go home during chemo sessions, but this time they want to keep me in. I'll try and keep posting when I'm in although expect plenty of typos as I'll be using my phone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Sending you good wishes Ffosse, try to relax, the medical staff will be there to pick up on anything that affects you this time and hopefully pinpoint the cause.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well today's the day of my readmission to hospital. I'm leaving slightly early and visiting the Maggies centre for a cup of tea and a chinwag before my admission. They're the charity I gave £2k to. I also plan on visiting the teenage cancer trust while I'm in hospital to donate some money to them too. Or if that's not possible I can do it over the phone or on the internet.

The hospital want to know if it was the steroids I was given which made me delirious the last time. I'm of the view that it was everything combined: the cancer itself, the chemo I got along with the stress I was under, plus the steroids. Normally I would just go home during chemo sessions, but this time they want to keep me in. I'll try and keep posting when I'm in although expect plenty of typos as I'll be using my phone.
Thinking of you today Dreamy, and I hope all goes well.
Don't worry about typos, we all do that occasionally.

I will recommend a case when you have more time.

Page 225 of 276 « First < 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top