Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You've got me thinking now ...
Perhaps someone here will know?

What happens to people who are disabled (longterm) and then reach pension age?
Do they then just receive State Pension, at an age where a great many people do develop health conditions that limit their mobility anyway.
Does their benefit drop?
Yes that was what used to happen I can't imagine new rules have made it any better. Although you Cani believe take attendance allowance carers allowance etc into retirement as that available to pensioners too.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:45 PM

You've got me thinking now ...
Perhaps someone here will know?

What happens to people who are disabled (longterm) and then reach pension age?
Do they then just receive State Pension, at an age where a great many people do develop health conditions that limit their mobility anyway.
Does their benefit drop?
When I got my pension my carers allowance stopped, which was fair enough.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:50 PM

No they don’t lose .

People now on DLA under 65 will be invited to apply for PIP .
People already over 65 claiming DLA will remain on it .
Both of those benefits are not classed as income .

So these are paid monthly on top of state pension .

Age UK tells us .
Although you must make a PIP claim before you reach 65, once you are awarded PIP, it continues after 65 as long as you continue to satisfy the conditions.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:55 PM

I don't understand.
Could not a member of her family have attended any interviews with her if she was Schizophrenic?
Or some kind of note or verification from her GP?
Isn't it allowed? Is a person only allowed to be the sole representative of their own case?

I'll stop digging. I clearly don't understand how it all works. But were she a member of my family I'd insist on accompanying her ... if it was at all possible.
Better that than to not attend and have her absence interpreted in a way that went against her.
Anyone is allowed to accompany but not answer the questions .Notes and verification of illness and or disability no longer count .
PIP rules are vastly different to the old DLA rules .
You have to explain not what your illness is but how it affects your daily life.
Someone with Schizophrenia might well not understand this or even begin to explain .
Most of the PIP questions are not about mental health.

Assessors working for the DWP when PIP came in were told to get as many claimants off DLA as they could and paid a bonus for each that they succeeded with .
Many thousands of long term physically disabled on the highest rate of DLA mobility component have lost it and as a result their Motability cars paid for by that allowance have been called in
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No they don’t lose .

People now on DLA under 65 will be invited to apply for PIP .
People already over 65 claiming DLA will remain on it .
Both of those benefits are not classed as income .

So these are paid monthly on top of state pension .

Age UK tells us .
Although you must make a PIP claim before you reach 65, once you are awarded PIP, it continues after 65 as long as you continue to satisfy the conditions.

So given the recent hiking up of the pension age .... everyone would be well advised to get themselves onto disability ?
Sounds a recipe for disaster to me.
No wonder the government are becoming stricter and need to weed out the malingerers who'll cleave like a magnet to their perks.

Aside from that I don't understand why benefits aren't considered to be income either. Never have done. It's all used to maintain a lifestyle, same as a working persons taxed wage.
It's like a foreign land to me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Hi

I see two types of people.

The genuine ones, who seem to get hammered, and the ace scroungers, who seem to know every trick in the book.

The scroungers at the back of me, 26 houses with problem families,moved to the village, they do not work, they have fancy mobiles, every house has a Sky Dish.

They buy a coffee after dropping off the kids for school and also when bringing them back, plus sausage rolls and sweets for the kids.

So very, very different from the locals.

The men hang around drinking Cider, whilst the locals are working.

There is something very wrong.
Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Morticia , no of course not everyone would be well advised to get themselves onto disability .Besides that you’ve no idea how difficult it is to prove to these assessors that you qualify .
The idea is to get people off not put them on .

By the way you can’t apply for PIP after your 65 th birthday ,you have instead to apply for Attendance Allowance .

I said DLA and PIP were benefits not counted as income ,not all benefits .
Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The genuine ones, who seem to get hammered, and the ace scroungers, who seem to know every trick in the book.

The scroungers at the back of me, 26 houses with problem families,moved to the village, they do not work, they have fancy mobiles, every house has a Sky Dish.

They buy a coffee after dropping off the kids for school and also when bringing them back, plus sausage rolls and sweets for the kids.

I agree there is definitely something very wrong when you compare young men having enough money to sit around drinking cider while the long term sick and disabled are being treated in the most ruthless way ever seen .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You're just envious that you don't have the same life-style!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:56 PM

I often think if I was unemployed with no hope would I drink or something and I think the answer is if I hadn't any hope yes.

It's ok judging them but unless you are in their shoes ........

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top