Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Re: Thinking differently might help

UKIP will not join with the tories unless the tories agree to all of UKIP's demands including the withdrawal from Europe which currently costs the UK 89 billion pounds per year, every year and that does not include our additional payments under the IMF agreement to support the bankrupt EU countries. How much fuel poverty could we stop with just one years subriciption to the EU
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
UKIP will not join with the tories unless the tories agree to all of UKIP's demands including the withdrawal from Europe which currently costs the UK 89 billion pounds per year, every year and that does not include our additional payments under the IMF agreement to support the bankrupt EU countries. How much fuel poverty could we stop with just one years subriciption to the EU
Cate darlin' I agree that what we pay to EU is exorbitant and we need to change that certainly, but UKIP is a one issue party (our relationship with Europe) and they have NOTHING to offer the rest of us in relation to Social Security, Employment, or internal economic policies beyond the withdrawal out of Europe.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 11:59 AM

The Liberals have fudged on all their issues in this coalition government. UKIP will not get into power on this one issue but if enough people vote for them instead of wasting votes then who ever they are in power with will never make them fudge on leaving the EU
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 12:36 PM

We must not come out of the EU, it is essential to our economy, but it has to change.
The whole idea was a Common Market, but it has grown and grown into what it is now, so that has to change.

In church I heard a lady in the pew next to me saying a prayer.
It was so sweet and sincere that I just had to share with you.

Dear Lord,
This has been a tough two or three years.
You have taken my favourite actor Patrick Swayze.
My favourite musician Michael Jackson.
My favourite Blues Singer Amy Winehouse.
My favourite actress Elizabeth Taylor.
And now my favourite singer Whitney Houston.
I just wanted you to know that my favourite politicians are

Ed Miliband, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Balls and the UKip party.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 11:13 AM

I too have considered standing for election to try and change things for the better - by representing people not a party. UKIP fits the bill especially as we need to get out of the EU once and forever. As it stands, we may as well not have bothered winning WW2!

UKIP will get votes from those who are voting for the first time.

UKIP will get lots of votes from ex Lib Dem voters who will reaslie "their party" does not keep promises and is ineffcetive "in government"

UKIP will get lots of votes from disolusioned Tory voters, who (will never vote Labour) see the unfairness and incompetance of those currently in charge.

And UKIP will get the votes of ex Labour voters who (will never vote Conservative) believe the two Eds are not up to the job and will just make things worse.

So watch out Cameron and co, those that can be bothered to vote next time will be voting for UKIP in my opinion.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-01-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
I too have considered standing for election to try and change things for the better - by representing people not a party. UKIP fits the bill especially as we need to get out of the EU once and forever. As it stands, we may as well not have bothered winning WW2!

UKIP will get votes from those who are voting for the first time.

UKIP will get lots of votes from ex Lib Dem voters who will reaslie "their party" does not keep promises and is ineffcetive "in government"

UKIP will get lots of votes from disolusioned Tory voters, who (will never vote Labour) see the unfairness and incompetance of those currently in charge.

And UKIP will get the votes of ex Labour voters who (will never vote Conservative) believe the two Eds are not up to the job and will just make things worse.

So watch out Cameron and co, those that can be bothered to vote next time will be voting for UKIP in my opinion.
Way to go Elbee, I dislike both Cleggy and Cameron they are the pimpley faced kids we all hated at school and many people will not want to see them as our leaders just by their very looks and comments they have made. I want to see someone I can trust someone who doesn't feel like he is lying through his teeth. Cleggy isn't even any good at lying. Best of luck to you Elbee and fingers crossed.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
We must not come out of the EU, it is essential to our economy, but it has to change.
The whole idea was a Common Market, but it has grown and grown into what it is now, so that has to change.

In church I heard a lady in the pew next to me saying a prayer.
It was so sweet and sincere that I just had to share with you.

Dear Lord,
This has been a tough two or three years.
You have taken my favourite actor Patrick Swayze.
My favourite musician Michael Jackson.
My favourite Blues Singer Amy Winehouse.
My favourite actress Elizabeth Taylor.
And now my favourite singer Whitney Houston.
I just wanted you to know that my favourite politicians are

Ed Miliband, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Balls and the UKip party.
I am not sure that I am greatly impressed by this ladies favourites and wonder why she wants to see UKip disappear. The European Market is not essential to our country. This is Great Britain you are talking about and if we were just a little more careful about who we allowed in power then we could be Great again.

David Cameron and Cleggy are not politicians that I can look up to they are a couple of public school boys playing at their job and messing up my country.

Black British, White British or whatever colour you may be if you are British then you want to see Britian strong and that is not what the EU and all its hangers on want for us. The Euro MPs get enormous perks for doing what they do so why on earth would they want us to pull out.

Just look at Ireland, Austria, Greece, Spain and Portugal to see countries that have been raped by the EU their economies were based on such different models the EU was never going to do them any good.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I am not sure that I am greatly impressed by this ladies favourites and wonder why she wants to see UKip disappear. The European Market is not essential to our country. This is Great Britain you are talking about and if we were just a little more careful about who we allowed in power then we could be Great again.

David Cameron and Cleggy are not politicians that I can look up to they are a couple of public school boys playing at their job and messing up my country.

Black British, White British or whatever colour you may be if you are British then you want to see Britian strong and that is not what the EU and all its hangers on want for us. The Euro MPs get enormous perks for doing what they do so why on earth would they want us to pull out.

Just look at Ireland, Austria, Greece, Spain and Portugal to see countries that have been raped by the EU their economies were based on such different models the EU was never going to do them any good.
Your points make sense to me Cate, the countries that joined are in dire straits so I just cannot understand the logic that we stay in !
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-01-2013, 06:33 PM

I know Pats and now we are in those MPs that we can't trust to even not fiddle their expenses want to stay in because it is a gravy train.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top