Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 11:23 AM

Re: Mollie's Makeovers

What a beautiful home you have Mollie..............Very tastefully decorated.........
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-04-2012, 01:33 PM

I have painted every room in our Welsh farmhouse white so it is easy to touch in.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->
What a beautiful home you have Mollie..............Very tastefully decorated.........
Thanks for that, but the living room does need doing again, and the kitchen, and the bathroom.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-04-2012, 09:16 AM

If you are trying to sell a home, as we are, I think it best to have muted colours. We have have viewed some homes which are painted in bold colours and found them very off-putting. We would have to redecorate as soon as we moved in as they were not to our taste.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
If you are trying to sell a home, as we are, I think it best to have muted colours. We have have viewed some homes which are painted in bold colours and found them very off-putting. We would have to redecorate as soon as we moved in as they were not to our taste.
Yes, I do agree with that entirely. There used to be a programme on TV about folk trying to sell their homes and weren't selling for precisely that reason, so they brought in somebody (Anne something) to give advice. There were navy blue sitting rooms, bottle green bedrooms etc, so the idea was to lighten up the rooms with neutral shades.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 01:27 AM

Although I prefer more subdued colours, I think you should not decorate your home to suit potential buyers, unless you intend to sell.
I, like most people, surround myself with what suits me.

Mollie. Carry on doing exactly what you want to do with your home.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

11-04-2012, 01:31 AM

Well lass, I've no intention of selling or moving elsewhere, so I'll carry on doing what suits me.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Yes, I do agree with that entirely. There used to be a programme on TV about folk trying to sell their homes and weren't selling for precisely that reason, so they brought in somebody (Anne something) to give advice. There were navy blue sitting rooms, bottle green bedrooms etc, so the idea was to lighten up the rooms with neutral shades.
We saw a house last week, bright red and black being the prominent colours throughout, it made the place so very dark!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 11:57 AM

It has never bothered me when looking for a new house. How the decorating is. I have always looked at the size of the rooms. We have struggled in all houses stripping of the awful wood chip wallpaper.
I now hate the colour pink, they must have had a job lot of pink paint. Who lived here before use. Every room was pink even a pink bath room suite.
We have been here over 12 years now, and are very happy.
We had to gut the house has it was in a 60s, 70s, time zone, took use about 3 years.
Everyone has their own taste, in how they like there homes.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
It has never bothered me when looking for a new house. How the decorating is. I have always looked at the size of the rooms. We have struggled in all houses stripping of the awful wood chip wallpaper.
I now hate the colour pink, they must have had a job lot of pink paint. Who lived here before use. Every room was pink even a pink bath room suite.
We have been here over 12 years now, and are very happy.
We had to gut the house has it was in a 60s, 70s, time zone, took use about 3 years.
Everyone has their own taste, in how they like there homes.
Maybe but when you are trying to sell a place, especially in the current economic climate, one doesn't wish one's place to be too off-putting as there are so many properties on the market.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top