Join for free
Page 63 of 1010 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 > Last »
Littleboo
Littleboo is female  Littleboo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 09:56 AM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Hope he comes soon then for you and all goodies present and correct, any sweet things for sharing with us all?.

I have thought about online shopping a lot lately, but just unsure with the need to give my bank details, but saying that I think I should start, several friends and neighbours have Asda delivery and I have never heard of any breach of their security.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 10:04 AM

LB darlin' - go for it!!! - no problem with giving supermarket my DEBIT card details. Does make shopping a lot easier (and less painful).
Littleboo
Littleboo is female  Littleboo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 10:08 AM

I have looked at the store online, seems simple enough, I gather with there being 'favourites' that it's only the first initial shop that will be the hardest gathering all the usual items, and then looking around for other foods.
It seemed relatively easy, so maybe now that it's again in my mind I will give it a go.
Thinking now, no pushing the trolley around, no check-out queue's, chats with neighbours..........ah, I will miss that. but I can invite them around to me, after the fish and chip shop of course.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Todays lunch;
.. two boiled 'pick your own' free range eggs from the fruit farm and some home made brown bread, then grapes,
.. all washed down with freshly ground kenyan coffee
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Shopping for groceries on line is the best thing. I don't have to walk around the supermarket putting stuff into my trolley and then I don't have to queue at the checkout to pay. Then I don't have to bag it and put it back in the trolley and push it to the car and struggle to put it all in the car without crunching, flattenting or breaking. (the fragile stuff like bread and eggs not me)

I order about eight 4 pinters of milk, eight loaves of bread and freeze them so I always have bread and milk. I visit Aldi once or twice a week for some fresh fruit and veg but Tesco or Asda deliver the big heavy stuff.

I always have a bit of a laugh with the delivery person so I don't miss out on the chats.

The other thing is don't worry about being slim, I have been obese for years and most diseases seem to happen to people who are obese. I know it is not good to lose all the weight due to shock or illness but look on the bright side you are probably fitter than us cuddlier folk.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Littleboo ->
I have looked at the store online, seems simple enough, I gather with there being 'favourites' that it's only the first initial shop that will be the hardest gathering all the usual items, and then looking around for other foods.
It seemed relatively easy, so maybe now that it's again in my mind I will give it a go.
Thinking now, no pushing the trolley around, no check-out queue's, chats with neighbours..........ah, I will miss that. but I can invite them around to me, after the fish and chip shop of course.
LB darlin' - since you're no longer spending time visiting the supermarket, you can use that time spent in the kitchen doing more cooking - how's that for putting on weight???
Littleboo

14-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Now that is a good idea, Jam Roly Poly here I come.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Littleboo ->
Now that is a good idea, Jam Roly Poly here I come.
e

What about a banana fruit loaf. You'll need - 2 Lb loaf tin greased and lined. 3 ripe bananas peeled and sliced, 4 oz margarine, 2 eggs, 6 oz self-raising flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 4 oz dried mixed fruit, 3 oz walnuts, 2 Tblsp milk.

Mix all ingredients (except walnuts) together, stir walnuts into mixture. Pour all ingredients into loaf tin and place in a pre-heated oven (at 180 oc) for approx 1 hour. Cake is cooked through when knife placed in it comes out clean. Bon appetite!!!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Lunch today was ham and cheese sandwich with mustard.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 04:02 PM

LB, home grocery delivery is the greatest thing since sliced bread; I wouldn't be without it, especially as my health has made shopping difficult. I don't miss it at all!

Lunch, pear, Boursin on wheat thins, small cup of miso soup,Ensure chocolate health drink.

Page 63 of 1010 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top