Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: Are you a hugger? I love you!

Hug ME please

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am a selective hugger generally,but sometimes the need to hug comes over me and I just have to do it. I think I have become more physical as I have got older - perhaps softer and more sentimental? .
As an aside I saw a child today in a shopping trolley (about 18months/2 years old). I wondered what he was doing as his face looked ecstatic and so wrapped up with something in his hands. It turned out to be a little plastic rabbit and he was loving it - talking to it and and cuddling it with every bone in his little body. He was so natural and happy with his toy/companion rabbit - he was really loving this little plastic rabbit and I suspect this demonstration of love follows through into his life with people and animals. He was obviously loved himself and found it easy to love in return. It was so touching and I wanted to reach out and hug him (but I didn't). His happiness stayed with me all day and seeing him made me happy.
Hugging and physical contact is good for us - essential even - and I think we all need to give it and receive it in varying measures at different times no matter what age we are. Experiments on monkeys(particularly the infants) shows that they cannot thrive if they are deprived of this contact and need to cuddle up and give and receive physical contact. It's pretty basic really. Humans are not much different IMO.
What a beautiful post....you touched my heart Aerolor.....here's a hug for you...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Hug ME please

I could hug that all day Realspeed....

And YOU.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Going out now Blue for another evening in Llandudno.
There is a coach load of Liverpool Scousers there.

But special hugs?

I will give you one anytime!

PS
Haven't managed to upload the one with me on it yet.

Here's from last night.

Thanks Boozer.....
That looks like a lot of fun. I don't think we have anything like that here. We have pubs, but mostly for young people, not seniors like you have there. There are having good times...I would love that.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:07 PM

I thought this thread said 'Are you a Bugger?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I will hug children, close friends or somebody who is upset, because instinct tells me when somebody wants or needs a hug.
Yes, I'm like that too Twink.

I'm a hugger with those that 'do', not those that 'don't'. There's not many around me who aren't TBH. Friends, tick. Daughter, tick. Her boyfriend, tick. Sister (bah humbug) and her husband, tick. An ex husband, tick. Old work colleagues, tick. Hello goodbye ones. Sympathy/empathy ones. Hugggy Huggy Huggy! Oi Oi Oi!!

I do miss those all consuming squeezy hugs. Those break my ribs, so I have to say 'watch my ribs'

There's a chap I've known for 30+yrs and when we bump into each other, we always hug. I'd never met his partner (male) until recently. He's a definite 'no no' to hugs, preferring to proffer his cheek for a kiss.

I was reading this today.. I can see where they're coming from but don't agree with it. What a sad society we've become eh?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-children.html
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Are you a hugger? Do you say "I love you" easily? Some people have a hard time saying those words. If I feel it, I say it and it is not hard for me.

I hug family and friends....and sometimes if I meet someone and they seem to be the huggy type, I hug them also.

Every time I spend time with a girlfriend, I hug her when I say good-bye and I always say "I love you".

We never know what is going to happen next and it might be the last time we see them, so we have to feel that closeness.
I am very similar.....Friends and family I tell regularly....I don't lie and say it to anyone and I hug all the time.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:23 PM

Hug ME please

That could almost be me....I have the same quilt cover and my friend often describes me as a Teddy with the fur scraped off.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That could almost be me....I have the same quilt cover and my friend often describes me as a Teddy with the fur scraped off.
My what big feet you have, but have a hug anyway.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:38 PM

Hug ME please

Is that yours realspeed? Gorgeous.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 09:55 PM

I have never been a hugger, but I have got used to it from others. My adult grandsons are great huggers and never fail to give me a hug and a kiss when we meet. The only family member that I have not hugged nor had a hug from is my son-in-law, but then I have never seen him hug anyone. We get along famously though. Some of my son's friends too give me a hug, even though I have only met them a few times. I must admit that it does feel nice to be included.

I cant remember either my mother or grandmother giving me a hug or cuddle. After my first cancer operation at 30 and with two toddlers, my husband away, so my mother came and stayed with me for five days after three weeks in hospital, and then told me it was time to "pull yourself together and get on with it". With that she went home.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top