Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Re: Somethings are better done by men

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My Exs refused point blank to clean loos or sink wastes or drains, that was always my job.
And just think mate, you could have hired Purrs and saved yourself a job.......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My Exs refused point blank to clean loos or sink wastes or drains, that was always my job.
I got the plummer out t'other evening as my toilet was blocked, I tried everything (honest ) he just walked in with his huge plunger and one thrust did the trick!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I reckon if the guys had to go through pregnancy and the pain of labour we would soon see, which was the stronger sex. No family would have more than one child, the male of the species would demand 18 years maternity leave as a right.

The ability to survive labor pains has nothing to do with physical strength/toughness. A female cop, by herself, has about as much chance of subduing a medium-sized young male as a chihuahua does of bringing down a German Shephard. It's laughable.

In any event, I suspect that a soldier who has had his legs blown off would be far, far more painful than childbirth.

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Exactly true. We can be politically correct, or we can be honest. Not both. !

Let's say that you are in a fire. You are on the 2nd floor and you are rapidly being overcome with smoke. You go down. The last thing you see before passing out and dying is 1.) a 5'4" 125 pound female fire-fighter OR, 2.) a 6'2" 195 pound male fire-fighter. Be honest, now. Which one is the most likely to pick you up and carry you to safety ?
Originally Posted by Missy ->
Neither

The recommended action is to keep you as close to the floor as possible , under the smoke, so they are actually trained to drag you
Did you never hear of a "fireman's carry"? The MAN hoists the victim up and tosses the victim over his shoulders and carries the victim to safety. (often down several flights of stairs). There is no woman who can ever do that with a large victim.

Women are physically "equal" only in the world of political correctness and in Hollywood movies, like Charlie's Angels and Zena: The Warrior Princess.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What a silly comment!
I thought it perfectly logical comment , women when they have their periods can go haywire. It is a known fact
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:13 PM

Men on the whole are stronger than women, like it or not you feminists
LOL
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The ability to survive labor pains has nothing to do with physical strength/toughness. A female cop, by herself, has about as much chance of subduing a medium-sized young male as a chihuahua does of bringing down a German Shephard. It's laughable.

In any event, I suspect that a soldier who has had his legs blown off would be far, far more painful than childbirth.

Did you never hear of a "fireman's carry"? The MAN hoists the victim up and tosses the victim over his shoulders and carries the victim to safety. (often down several flights of stairs). There is no woman who can ever do that with a large victim.

Women are physically "equal" only in the world of political correctness and in Hollywood movies, like Charlie's Angels and Zena: The Warrior Princess.
Yes I am very aware of a fireman carry - read the thread.

The fireman carry can be carried out by men and women alike. Its not brute strength thats required, its technique

I was talking to my friend Joe tonight who is a fireman and I asked him how are they advised to remove a person from a. burning building and he says they are trained in the dragging, lifting is last resort but both men and women can do them

He also said that there is now a rise in claims against the fire service because of arms being broken through the dragging method

Im no feminist but I do find your comments rather derogatory toward women. I do live in the real world, one where we have female police offices, firemen, soldiers and sailors.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:54 PM

A fireman friend used to complain bitterly about allowing female firefighters on the force. He was not happy because as well as worrying about the people in the building he'd have to worry about making sure they were ok. Dropping the height restriction meant that they were too short and were excused from certain duties putting more pressure on the rest of the team.

You have to be practical about something like this. Unless a woman is built like Brienne of Tarth, then she is not going to be able to physically contribute as much as a man to some jobs. There's no getting around it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Correct.
Its only common sense unfortunately not very common in these PC days.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A fireman friend used to complain bitterly about allowing female firefighters on the force. He was not happy because as well as worrying about the people in the building he'd have to worry about making sure they were ok. Dropping the height restriction meant that they were too short and were excused from certain duties putting more pressure on the rest of the team.

You have to be practical about something like this. Unless a woman is built like Brienne of Tarth, then she is not going to be able to physically contribute as much as a man to some jobs. There's no getting around it.
They also dropped the height restriction for men, plus the strength tests to allow smaller, weaker men in
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Stupid moves IMO
If it aint broke why fix it?

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top