Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:32 PM

Re: Another Blow for Scottish Independence

Frankly I find the the Scots a bit of an enigma. With the increasing drugs problems in the cities, the decline in education and the health services, plus the increase in crime under their tenure, you have to wonder why the Scots keep returning them to power, to continue their mismanagement.
The whole Scottish independence fiasco is just a cover up for the SNPs completely incompetent handling of the Scottish economy and public services.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
As a Scot, I wish she would stop banging on about independence. I think it would be the worst idea ever, and I would never vote for it. For her (Nicola Sturgeon) she seems to think that gaining independence would be the dream....no it would not, I can assure her. It would be the start of Scotland becoming like Northern Ireland with regard to sectarian violence. Plus there is no future plans, no indication of where the money to finance in independent Scotland would come from. She just wants Independence on her record, and she will regret it. I didn't vote for it before, and I will not vote for it again.

Scotland is a wonderful country. I spent many a time in Ullapool, Durness, Edinburgh.

The SNP don't represent the people only the single policy agenda of division.

After 7 years Sturgeon hasn't found any answers to the most basic questions.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Scotland is a wonderful country. I spent many a time in Ullapool, Durness, Edinburgh.

I'm glad you had a nice experience of Scotland, Bread, and for once I'm inclined to agree with you on this. They have some "dream" that we are going to be independent of the UK, and re-join Europe, and everything will be hunky dory. It won't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Psst! Fylingdales is in Yorkshire!
Tut! These southerners have no idea of anything above the 53rd latitude!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Frankly I find the the Scots a bit of an enigma. With the increasing drugs problems in the cities, the decline in education and the health services, plus the increase in crime under their tenure, you have to wonder why the Scots keep returning them to power, to continue their mismanagement.
The whole Scottish independence fiasco is just a cover up for the SNPs completely incompetent handling of the Scottish economy and public services.
As long as they can still get hold of their haggis, Scotch and deep fried mars bars, they couldn't give a toss!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

I would have expected you to be sympathetic towards those wanting independence, Bread. Their reasons are probably very similar to those of the Brexit supporters. A lot of the Scottish feel the same way about England as you feel about the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-05-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I would have expected you to be sympathetic towards those wanting independence, Bread. Their reasons are probably very similar to those of the Brexit supporters. A lot of the Scottish feel the same way about England as you feel about the EU.
Nonsense.

The UK, or even England alone has the capacity to stand alone without the EU.

Scotland, on the other hand, would soon become bankrupt without the existing financial support of England or the hoped-for financial support of the EU.

The latter is unlikely to want an additional freeloader in addition to the several they already have. The only way they'd agree to admit Scotland would be to enable them to punish England even further, and I don't think that even they are that stupid.

For those reasons, I don't think Scotland has a cat in Hell's chance of existing as an independent country, other than eventually becoming a third world country, and I'm sure the majority of Scots are sensible to realise that.

I think the SNP voters live in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nonsense.

The UK, or even England alone has the capacity to stand alone without the EU.

Scotland, on the other hand, would soon become bankrupt without the existing financial support of England or the hoped-for financial support of the EU.
And I'm sure you came up with that analysis without even leaving the comfort of your armchair, JBR. You should make yourself available to the SNP, as an economic consultant, before they do anything rash.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-05-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And I'm sure you came up with that analysis without even leaving the comfort of your armchair, JBR. You should make yourself available to the SNP, as an economic consultant, before they do anything rash.
Good God, man. They couldn't afford me, let alone the fact that they couldn't recognise expertise if it jumped up and bit them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

09-05-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good God, man. They couldn't afford me
I agree, JBR, your advice would cost them dearly.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top