Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Dogs and Sticks

Does your dog like to play with Sticks

Small sticks

Larger sticks

Or does it play with REAL sticks.

maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Re: Dogs and Sticks

I don't encourage dogs to play with sticks AB. Too many horrific accidents.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Lovely pics AB Chloe likes to carry sticks but like Mary I don't encourage it and never throw them having seen on Dogsey the horrific injuries they can cause .
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:26 PM

I'm sure sticks in their various shapes and sizes are great fun for dogs but I have to agree with maryl and Meg.
There has been some awful tragedies with dogs caused by sticks that I won't risk letting Ruby have sticks especially with her wide jaws.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Looks like somebody's been having a good time

Bonnie collie loves sticks, the bigger the better!! Whenever I stop to chat to somebody she always looks for a stick to give them. However, I don't throw them for her to catch, just let her carry them around which she is very happy to do.

Had great amusement over the weekend with a visiting dog who was also carrying a stick and trying to get it through a small gate He perservered and got it through eventually only to lose interest in the stick seconds later, that's dogs for you
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Sorry if I came across as a bit abrupt AB, I too was thinking of the photos on Dogsey and as usual I opened my mouth before my brain was in gear. It is just the throwing of sticks I am against.

Both my old dogs loved sticks to carry around with them. Bobby (border collie) would carry up to seven or eight at a time, he 'collected' them on our walks and at the end, left them all in a neat little pile. The last photo reminds me of Murphy (GSD), his sticks were just like that and woe betide you if he came galloping up behind you, he'd knock you flying.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 06:30 PM

Great pics AB!

What went through my mind was, that must have been a long walk, the stick apears to have been growing and growing!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Great snaps AB, that last picture really says it all about black labs though, particularly when they try to take it into the house through the doorway.....
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Not sure about black labs and sticks, I only know about black labs and water and muddy puddles and their fatal attraction to them. I saw a lady at the field with one once, for some reason she had on a mini skirt and high heels and her lab was in the ruts from land rovers which were filled with muddy water and he was rolling over and over so only his eyes showed like a hippo. It was the funniest thing, she was nearly crying.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top