Join for free
Page 26 of 27 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Re: Britain could leave the Bloc and do things better!

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Why should I? If the worst happens I might have to live with it for a while, but I'll never get over or forgive the disgusting behaviour of the Brexiters. And I'll deal with it by fighting to get us back in, boycotting British goods and companies who supported Brexit and clearing as many people who have the Brexiter attitudes out of my life as possible.
Hi

Boycotting British Goods?

Hurting the workers who produce them?

Those who you profess to be protecting?

That is so hypocritical.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:27 PM

But life is already worse in the UK because of Brexit, it's not speculating or knicker twisting.

We have to live with the shame of being a country that betrays it's friends and allies and being despised and a laughing stock to the rest of Europe. Prices are rocketing, xenophobic, racist, Nationalist and anti-intellectual opinions are being allowed to flourish and get legitamised. We are getting dragged back into the 1950s.We are crawling to countries like China, and Saudi for trade, never mind their records on human rights, because we know we'll be desperate for trade post Brexit. The UK is a less tolerant, pleasant, liberal minded and modern country to live in since the referendum and it will be worse post-Brexit when the poverty hits and workers don't have the protection of EU rules.
I haven't noticed any difference personally yet at all. My income is the same, the company I work for is doing just as well as it did previously and the price of a pint is still cheap where I live.
It's usually the well-off middle classes who complain as their assets may end up at stake through increased taxes. Tough.
But again, we will have to wait and see and not worry about anything just yet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:41 PM

But life is already worse in the UK because of Brexit, it's not speculating or knicker twisting.
It's worse because of all the uncertainty. A concrete plan would have helped.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's worse because of all the uncertainty. A concrete plan would have helped.
I don't see how, how do you plan for disaster? Damage limitation at best.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I haven't noticed any difference personally yet at all. My income is the same, the company I work for is doing just as well as it did previously and the price of a pint is still cheap where I live.
It's usually the well-off middle classes who complain as their assets may end up at stake through increased taxes. Tough.
But again, we will have to wait and see and not worry about anything just yet.
I completely agree.

I haven't yet noticed any difference either, though our Europhilic friend would assure us that we haven't left yet and the sky will fall down only AFTER we have left!

One additional good that will come after Brexit is that our glorious leaders will have no-one else to blame if they cock things up. It will no longer be the EU's fault, but theirs alone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

One additional good that will come after Brexit is that our glorious leaders will have no-one else to blame if they cock things up. It will no longer be the EU's fault, but theirs alone.
That is not something to celebrate as it will let Corbyn in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is not something to celebrate as it will let Corbyn in.
I don't think anyone's that stupid.

I read today that Corbyn's days are numbered and that he'll be gone by next year.

May is upsetting so many people that I shouldn't be surprised if her days are numbered too.

One hope is that the far left component of the Loony Party might reform to create a far more moderate Labour Party.

We need a strong opposition. We don't have one, which is probably why May is so happy to sell us down the river.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:45 AM

Why should I? If the worst happens I might have to live with it for a while, but I'll never get over or forgive the disgusting behaviour of the Brexiters. And I'll deal with it by fighting to get us back in, boycotting British goods and companies who supported Brexit and clearing as many people who have the Brexiter attitudes out of my life as possible.

Incredible!
So if you meet someone new, the first question would be how they feel about Brexit?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 09:32 AM

We have to live with the shame of being a country that betrays it's friends and allies and being despised and a laughing stock to the rest of Europe. Prices are rocketing, xenophobic, racist, Nationalist and anti-intellectual opinions are being allowed to flourish and get legitamised. We are getting dragged back into the 1950s.We are crawling to countries like China, and Saudi for trade, never mind their records on human rights, because we know we'll be desperate for trade post Brexit. The UK is a less tolerant, pleasant, liberal minded and modern country to live in since the referendum and it will be worse post-Brexit when the poverty hits and workers don't have the protection of EU rules.
That's not an analysis I recognise in any way shape or form.

It's ironic that you complain about anti-intellectualism and yet shut down debate and abuse your opponents in the most vile and stereotypical way.

The only thing that is polluting public life and public discourse is the refusal of Remainers to get with the programme and the constant , shrill and cringeworthy accusations of racism and such like.

Your contention that workers rights are under threat is ridiculous when you consider the Gov't have stated the opposite and when life under EU dictatorship has seen the free movement of people imposed on the UK leading to an influx of cheap , untrained labour that has driven down pay, conditions and led to the imposition of zero hours contracts and the proliferation of agency run workplaces and taken away any incentive to train and upskill British workers.

The worst thing that could have happened to the British Working Class has been happening for the past 10 years and that is thanks to the EU and that's why we voted Brexit.

I hope the middle and better off classes do suffer......but we know they have the habit of snaffling all the funds and resources for themselves and their kind and will continue to do so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-04-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think anyone's that stupid.

I read today that Corbyn's days are numbered and that he'll be gone by next year.

I don't believe that for a minute. He will resolutely refuse to go. He has too many radical supporters who according to reports are going around kicking out moderates from local authorities. It would be a disaster for Britain.

Page 26 of 27 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top