Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:05 AM

Re: The Universe

Some very sage views here. Not
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
There are a Christian bunch of young earth creation twits who think the earth is only about 6000 years old, in spite of theall the evidence to the contrary!
What evidence would that be?, artifacts for example.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
When I think about the universe the question that always makes me think is not how long has it existed it is that when you get to the end of the universe what is there after that. So where does it end ?
Again the notion of beginning and end has no meaning in the Universe because time varies with mass and speed. The further away you are from every point the faster an object is moving; the 'edge' of the universe is travelling at nearly the speed of light where time ceases and as I stated earlier time apparently didn't 'start' until after the big bang.

If you want to know all about it read Stephen Hawking's "Brief History of Time" it explains it very well. I read pages one and two twenty times and by page four had lost the will to live, you get a complete understanding of the slowing of time and its variability quarter way down page three.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 08:34 AM

I think time may be relative, but relative to one's own age, as one gets older the perception of time seems to change. Folks seem to move in and out of time and some document their "time" and theory within time, not sure anyone understands it until it runs out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think time may be relative, but relative to one's own age, as one gets older the perception of time seems to change. Folks seem to move in and out of time and some document their "time" and theory within time, not sure anyone understands it until it runs out.
Simple explanation; when you are 5 years old a year is 20% of your life so years pass very slowly when you are 65 a year is 1.5% of your life and years flash past (unless you are reading Stephen Hawking's book).

That's my Theory of Relativity anyway.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 06:43 PM

What evidence would that be?, artifacts for example.
How much evidence would you like?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Maybe some stuff is meant to be discovered.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 09:56 PM

Maybe some stuff is meant to be discovered.
By 'some' do you mean most? I doubt we know or understand a tiny percentage of what the universe truly is, much less our reason for being here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-03-2013, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
By 'some' do you mean most? I doubt we know or understand a tiny percentage of what the universe truly is, much less our reason for being here.
I know nowt, but think maybe it is plausible that some stuff could have been planted here, to be discovered, to give credence to a coherent development chain.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 12:14 PM

I've given up thinking about it to be honest," I'm here, therefore I am" suits me, and when I die? well who knows, maybe I'll come back from a paralllel universe and do it all again!!?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top