Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Hospital Prank

Have you all heard the News, about the Nurse at the King Edward VII Hospital, commited suicide over the prank that the Australian DJ's did?

What a terrible thing, those DJ's will be in big trouble now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2012, 08:00 PM

Re: Hospital Prank

The nurse looking after Kate who was tricked by scum bag aussie DJ's who apparently has now comitted suicide. Poor woman.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2012, 08:23 PM

I too read of this today Geoff. Just couldn't believe it, such a shame and an awful waste of life.
Kelly
New Member!
London
Kelly is female 

10-12-2012, 05:32 PM

poor lady and poor kate what a nasty disgusting thing to hapen at the start of this future life the heir to the throne something tells me this story will keep resurfacing it would make anyone sick
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Its a tragic thing to have happened but I do have some sympathy for the australians as it was just a prank and I'm sure they never intended it to have the effect it has. I also think there are underlying factors here and it wasn't just that call that made the nurse take her life. After all Kate is OK and back home now and I understand the nurse was not blamed or disciplined in any way. She could always have requested a transfer to another hospital if she felt she didn't want to stay there and possibly see Kate when she goes in to have her baby. I expect there are nurses queueing up to work in that hospital with its royal connections. I think there is more here than meets the eye personally and while I feel for her family I also feel for the DJs too as they will have to live with that now for the rest of their lives for something that was just intended to be a bit of fun and not taken seriously.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 07:43 PM

I too wonder if there is more to this than we know. The nurse's course of action was rather extreme over such a comparative minor slip, particularly as she was never admonished about it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 07:59 PM

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the DJ's ...... they had no right to play a so-called 'prank' on a hospital, no matter who was a patient there. As it was, that poor lady must have been out of her mind with worry when it was discovered that she had passed on the call of a couple of royal imposters to the Duchess's room.

It's a pity the two DJ's didn't have as much respect for the Royal Family as that poor unfortunate nurse did.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2012, 08:19 PM

"I too wonder if there is more to this than we know?"

Exactly what I thought too. It was a very extreme reaction - literally a case of dying of embarassment? Was nobody at the hospital aware of her mental state following the incident? Did nobody offer help?
If she acted this way following what was just a cruel prank, how would she have reacted in a life or death situation?

OK, fire the DJ's if you must have your "pound of flesh", but nobody could have reasonably forseen the consequences.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:10 PM

Whilst I feel for the family of the woman I do think she must have either had mental issues or another problem to commit suicide as I doubt that would influence anybody to do something so drastic.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I have some sympathy for the DJs as they were only doing a prank which they thought would be just that. Even being the cynic I am I do believe they were genuinely upset by what has happened.

My heart goes out to both the family of the nurse and the DJs, I know how hard it is to live with a deep regret for something you did which escalated past your intentions.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Arent we a bunch of knowalls, I said just the same thing"Must be more to this " I said to Joe, and its terrible for the children of the nurse.That or she must be very sensitive,maybe being foreign didnt help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top