Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:23 AM

Re: Do You Ever Give Your Hair A Hot Oil Treatment?

Only the once, never again. It made my hair horrible and slimey looking, it hung in rats tails and took a couple of weeks of washing every day to get it back to normal..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:28 AM

I've never tried it. But with all this swimming I do think a deeper conditioning would be good for it
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To avoid dry hair, l occasionally give my hair a hot oil treatment.

I warm a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil or virgin olive oil in a cup standing in a saucepan with boiling water.
I shampoo my hair first and apply the warm oil to my hair and and massage it into my scalp and through my hair to the ends.
I put a plastic cap on my head and either blow a warm hairdryer on it or leave it on my hair for hours! You can also cover your hair with a warm towel.

I shampoo it off and my hair feels so much better.

Have you ever tried this?
No and have no wish to do so.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:03 PM

I have, and very good it is too.
Smile.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:34 PM

I once put oil in my hair when I was about 14. It was suggested in Jackie magazine as a way to make your hair really shiny. I think it took fifty washes for my hair to stop feeling like an oil slick!

TBH Jackie magazine should have been sued for some of the awful advice they gave.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My hair's like wire wool now ... or the other kind of frizzy hair that nobody wants on their head.

I've used the oil treatment stuff but it made my feel lank and slick.
Completely wrong I know ... but I've tried it the other way around.
Oiled my hair an hour or so before washing .. and then it seems to protect it some from the shampoo stripping out too much of my natural oil. Wrong way around I know.
I've always had dry hair.
We have similar hair. I also oil my hair first before shampooing to protect it but I usually condition the length of my hair first and scalp wash only otherwise my hair dries right out.
I use a bit of coconut oil in my hair everyday which helps it keep its curl, adds shine and eliminates the frizz.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To avoid dry hair, l occasionally give my hair a hot oil treatment.

I warm a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil or virgin olive oil in a cup standing in a saucepan with boiling water.
I shampoo my hair first and apply the warm oil to my hair and and massage it into my scalp and through my hair to the ends.
I put a plastic cap on my head and either blow a warm hairdryer on it or leave it on my hair for hours! You can also cover your hair with a warm towel.

I shampoo it off and my hair feels so much better.

Have you ever tried this?
Yes, yonks ago when I used to have long hair and then my parting started to widen somewhat

Even though my hair was shiny and basically in good nick, I thought doing the coconut oil treatment might help. Took half a teaspoon out of the jar every week and warmed it over a pan of boiling water. Massaged it in then wrapped a towel round my head for about half an hour.

Also used to massage bay rum on other occasions.

Nothing helped, so I had a short cut from then onwards. Bah humbug
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:26 PM

The last time l did the hot oil treatment, l only gave my hair one shampoo when l washed the oil out. Big Mistake as my hair was a bit lank! After the next shampoo, my hair was much better!

Yesterday, l used Paul Mitchell, The Conditioner ‘ORIGINAL’ on my hair. I have had it for years now. It’s expensive but you only need a tiny spot about the size of a penny in the palm of your hand. Slightly rub your palms together and apply it evenly to your pre-washed hair. You don’t rinse it out!

It is non greasy. I had even applied normal conditioner after l shampooed my hair, then put this on as an afterthought. My hair was the best for ages and full of body!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:04 PM

One of my hairdressers told me never to put oil on hair as it takes forever to wash out .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
One of my hairdressers told me never to put oil on hair as it takes forever to wash out .
I can believe that.

I am so glad my hair is very short, it is dry by the time I get downstairs after my shower.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top