Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:36 PM

Re: Steam Cleaners

I would never want tiles - but wooden flooring gives no echo .........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
But surely by having carpet in certain rooms, but not in others that would be defeating the whole object.
Not at all. You have to live under someone with hard flooring to understand I guess.
Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I would never want tiles - but wooden flooring gives no echo .........
Hellishly loud if you live under it though
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not at all. You have to live under someone with hard flooring to understand I guess.

Hellishly loud if you live under it though

I agree - although we're not loud people - but where we lived before, a house, there was no one below us
Here there is and non existent sound proofing is bad enough, so wouldn't want to add to that with a wooden floor ........
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We used to use a steam cleaner thought it was the bees knees until we got a Bissell carpet cleaner then we realised how it hadn't really done the job very well at all
I can recommend the Bissells and mine is no heavier than a dyson vacuum but moves along the floor much easier.
We have a steam cleaner. It sits on top of a cupboard in the garage, hardly ever used. Not all they are cracked up to be in my opinion.

I'm thinking of getting a carpet cleaner, so information on the Bissell is useful. What is the model number of yours Julie?

We use office grade carpet with a high-density underlay in the lounge and bedrooms. Apart from it being hard-wearing, it has no deep pile for the wheelchair wheels to leave tyre tracks in. The underlay is glued to the floor and the carpet glued to the underlay. Therefore no shifting around as it is wheeled over. Also, no squeaky sound from the tyres that can occur with solid or laminate floors. Tyre tracks can be visible on solid floors too. These things can be annoying over a time. Just thought this opinion about floor coverings might be useful if a wheelchair ever becomes part of anyone's life.

Anyhow, we have been paying for the carpets to be cleaned occasionally but they probably would get cleaned more often if we had a carpet cleaner. Better than just using the 'Vanish' spray on dirty areas and the odd spillage.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top