Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:11 PM

Re: Tumble dryers

Originally Posted by FLYBYNIGHT ->
Not heard of White Knight. Lakeland sells those balls too.
Perhaps I will remember to look and see in the morning. I remember we purchased it from a top floor flat in Worthing and I had to get it down all the stairs and into the car myself
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:14 PM

Not heard of White Knight. Lakeland sells those balls too.
Currys sell White Knight tumble dryers
FLYBYNIGHT
West Sussex
FLYBYNIGHT is female  FLYBYNIGHT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:21 PM

Thank you Mags.

dukeofearl: it must have been worth the effort if it's still going!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:30 PM

Thank you Mags.

dukeofearl: it must have been worth the effort if it's still going!
Not as this is a mad house. We have one upright freezer, one chest freezer, one small freezer, two fridges, 7 vacuums, 17 kitchen cupboards packed with food and nothing to eat
Would add there is only two of us.
FLYBYNIGHT
West Sussex
FLYBYNIGHT is female  FLYBYNIGHT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:34 PM

It may be a mad house, but it's a big one by the sound of it.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Has anybody bought a new one lately? And what was the verdict? Did all the washing come out separeately or was it all entangled into a large sausage shape?
Would love to see your comments
Yes, I bought a new one a few weeks ago, I hardly ever use a tumble dryer but always have one as a back up.

I like to see my washing hung out on the line I digress sorry I bought one from the firm advertised a lot on TV called ao
I bought the cheapest I could because I don't use it a lot and its a Beco, so much easier to clean the filter than my old one was.
Had my other for years and years, never ever had one that tangled your clothes though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 08:52 AM

We have this one http://ao.com/product/fetv60cp-hotpo...-29913-19.aspx it's very good and yes tumbling costs a little but it isn't as expensive as many think and means we don't have condensation problems trying to dry washing indoors.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:01 AM

I have a Hotpoint, bought from Curry's on a special offer about two years ago.
No it doesn't tangle the clothes.
FLYBYNIGHT
West Sussex

27-08-2015, 09:43 AM

Thank you everybody,
Hotpoint seems to be a favourite. Mine is a Creda and I believe it merged with Hotpoint, I wouldn't want to be without it.
Yes, it's nice seeing washing on the line, but by the time I've pegged it out it would be almost dry in the dryer, so it's no contest with me.
I will tell my friend of my findings.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 03:16 PM

Flybynight, I am sure you are doing the right thing with a Hotpoint. It changes direction during the drying quite a few times, and I think this stops the tangling. Let us know how you get on.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top