Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Re: Harveys furniture - diy construction

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
That's it, confuse her more.
Nice sets though.
Why would this confuse her? Excuse me for trying to help as opposed to trying to be funny.
If an Allen key won't fit it is very likely to be one of these, lots of furniture item use them and sets can be obtained from Poundland etc.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:39 AM

Jazzi

Allen keys are really commonplace nowadays. Pop into poundland or any "pound" shop and and you'll find a set.

Example:

http://www.poundland.co.uk/tommy-wal...ey-set-14-pack

Whilst you are there pick up one of these too, an unbelievable bargain for £1. All the various screwdriver bits in one handy little package with a small screwdriver handle.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/tommy-wal...crewdriver-set

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 12:09 PM

When I needed an Allen key, recently, there were none to be found in any of the discount shops and I ended having to buy a set at the local Builders' Merchant
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 12:13 PM

That is a problem with cheap shops, when it's gone it's gone!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:05 PM

I have a lot of the keys, and I also have numerous sets of drill bits (self sufficient at DIY, me!)

My bezzie mate wanted me this morning (I had to ring him back), and he's coming to me yet again for the pc and scanner, and I've asked him to bring his hex keys to try out (if he can find them, he says).

I did say in another thread (I think) that there is a store nearby and I will go to them and ask.

Thanks for your ideas, tips and advice. Even if one of them was a no-no!!

Burn it indeed. *tuts*.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Why would this confuse her? Excuse me for trying to help as opposed to trying to be funny.
If an Allen key won't fit it is very likely to be one of these, lots of furniture item use them and sets can be obtained from Poundland etc.
He might have been joking.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

28-09-2015, 09:22 PM

Hurrah! Bezzie mate has a correct size hex key, and left it with me. Can now forge ahead with my self sufficient (independent) plans.

Well, have to wait till at least Thursday, busy next two days.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Thanks for your ideas, tips and advice. Even if one of them was a no-no!!

Burn it indeed. *tuts*.
It worked very well for the disposal of my Chesterfield. No transport at that time and it was well past another repair.

Delighted to hear that you have a suitable key ... please may we have some 'after' pics ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

28-09-2015, 10:57 PM

You can indeed!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 08:29 AM

If I have any furniture that I need disposing of, I phone our council and they will collect it. It is only done on a Tuesday.
Free of course.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top