Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 09:23 AM

Re: I made that!

Thirty years ago I installed a new 15ft Habitat pine kitchen including making the work surfaces from pine and tiling the floor and over the work surfaces. I didn't fit the new taps and sink though .
It was replaced about 10 years ago by kitchen fitters.

20 years ago I made curtains and a complicated matching bedspread in Laura Ashley fabric, they were only recently replaced.

Sadly my eyesight is not very good for sewing and I don't have the energy for large DIY projects any more.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 09:48 AM

I don't make much ..unlike my wife who is always turning out craft items one after another. Cards, cross stitch pictures, quilts, jewellery and more. I did build a partition wall with double doors in it during a house conversion though and I'm quite proud of that:

Also made a television shelf to fit on top of an existing TV cabinet to exactly fit in a corner at a certain angle. Made the shelves at the side as part of it:

Oh yes.. adapted an ironing table so that my wife could iron the material for quilt making:

Maybe the last two aren't actually making things from scratch but they took a bit of constructing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Wow..you lot are all brilliant at making all sorts of things,I love making things cos it gives a sense of achievement that doesnt come when you just buy something ..Id never be good enough to tackle some of the projects that have been mentioned here though.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 11:11 AM

Well done Mart very good. and Meg☺
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Jazzi - so impressed !
Also Mart and Meg
And Aysa, the cushion is lovely
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 01:24 PM

i cross stitched to love birds sitting in a tree....yrs ago when i was about
20ish ...have knitted baby wear too.... but never bothered since..and sketched a church in spain on hols but all so long ago ....
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Wow you are a very impressive lot. Where do you all find the time to do these things? Mr Clumsy is the "busy bee" here, as long as it means something to be built or constructed, fixed or removed etc. Me, no, my talents are more in the shopping line of things or the extremely rare rush of talent to the brain kind of thing, but that is indeed a rare event.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Lol Clumsy...." rare rush of talent to the brain" lol I like your thinking on the shopping line too ...

Some people are just born fixers/constructors and others are born shoppers and forewomen...well thats what my ex used to call me ,the forewoman,as I would oversee his DIY projects lol well someone has to do it dont they!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2015, 05:04 PM

I guess I must be a "forewoman" Aysa, I'm good at overseeing and "constructive" criticism
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

29-09-2015, 05:11 PM

Clumsy "if the cap fits"....an all that!

Im happy wearing it lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top