Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 04:38 PM

Re: Cooker/oven

A element takes a few minutes to change, stats can be a bigger job as you need to get at them, depending on model, but nothing major, just a pain.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
A element takes a few minutes to change, stats can be a bigger job as you need to get at them, depending on model, but nothing major, just a pain.
I do all my domestic appliance repairs it is usually just a faulty component that is easily replaced.
If I need to call out a repairman, I watch him like a hawk and note every move he makes so that if the same problem re occurs I can fix it myself next time.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 06:07 PM

Ive been on Streetlife which a friend told me to do and asked for a recomendation of someone to fix an oven possible thermostat and have a repair man coming out to it on Tuesday morning
Hopefully it will be straightforward.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I do all my domestic appliance repairs it is usually just a faulty component that is easily replaced.
If I need to call out a repairman, I watch him like a hawk and note every move he makes so that if the same problem re occurs I can fix it myself next time.
No Problem

Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

02-10-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
No Problem

But don't cut the green wire.... or was it the blue?..... maybe it was the red?

(seriously..... that's a really useful link thank you)
dukeofearl
south coast uk

03-10-2015, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Red Kite ->
But don't cut the green wire.... or was it the blue?..... maybe it was the red?

(seriously..... that's a really useful link thank you)
It would help a person with such a make. It is amazing what can be found on Utube from car repairs (brilliant) to repairing Lap Top faults. In fact anything.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 08:30 PM

I know, I learned how to butcher deer and pigs from Youtube videos. Fixing a cooker is a piece of cake by comparison - and not nearly as messy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top