Join for free
Page 132 of 370 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:19 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh, and no it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bob is on the deck with his long range binoculars, lol. Wonder if he's taken some of our lost members in the thread with him as well. Ruthio, Mups, Annie, Swimmy etc. Where's everyone gone?
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Haha, yes, Floydy, it's high time we heard from the swimming, bending, posing, walking, and stretching aficianados. .
Oh heck, thats me!

Well...I managed a couple of miles walk last week (cant remember if I posted it) but the forecast tomorrow is heavy rain so Im lunching out with a friend instead

But Ive resumed my weekly Pilates class, never thought Id last the hour but I did!!
And I even managed that one where you lie on your back and make your legs go back over your head and touch the floor behind your head...got a round of applause!
But then my teacher said Id cheated by using my hands to support my back and push me up and over, thats Yoga apparently, with Pilates youre supposed to use your core muscles to do the pushing!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 03:49 AM

Oh, heck yes, it's you alright, Ruthio. Nice to have you drop by...

It's a sad, sad story that you have to forgo exercise in favor of lunch with friends. Ruthio , but social exercise...good for you!

What a nimble woman you are! I know that movement , and it isn't easy.

Don't you like it that your instructor keeps you on the straight and narrow?

Happy lunching, walking, and pretzeling.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:37 AM

Alright ladies and gentlemen, no slacking for me with either the thread or the exercise. Lucky you. I'll be like the person who opens the pub knowing full well that everyone else is at church....

Winter is finished. If you listen carefully, you will hear the sound of me popping champagne corks and tossing coats into storage bins until December. Yesss....

But with that comes no excuses. Even after making the hour drive each way to drive my daughter to college, we get here by three - plenty of time to run. So, off with street clothes and into running gear, we raced to the (boring) sportsplex where we ran the 1.5 mile loop four times. With several colleges gathering for a big track and field competition, we had plenty of company, but it's exciting and great fun to watch the events while making our way huffing and puffing around the perimeter of the venue.

The sun was out, the azaleas are in bloom, and the cloudless sky was the color of robins' eggs.

We'll just ignore the little fact that I'm stiff as a board tonight.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:40 AM

Hi Surfermom.
Great to see you holding the fort at the moment in here.
I feel damn guilty about not making an appearance.
Got a tea break coming up before 4am so I'll disect your couple of previous posts and explain my absence.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:07 AM

Well as Schoolmam Surfermom orders us back into the thread) only joking, I must admit that I’ve been slacking lately – but then you can only get so fit, can’t you?), out of politeness and to curb Suzie’s (as she shall be named from now on) lonely hours in here, I must dream something up to write about.

Beginning with Ruthio for a change...and Pilates Ruth, that’s an exercise scenario I’ve never explored. As you explain it’s a type of yoga and all to do with stretching I imagine and keeping the body ligaments supple? Well if I tied my feet behind my head I reckon they would have to stay there for good – I’ve never been very flexible on account of my frame. But that’s no excuse is it? I do have very developed ‘core muscles’, but they are well hidden these days!: Though intend to work on those abs for a couple of months to prepare for my oncoming holiday early June

And Suzie – Gallivanting around that campus track, daughter in tow. All very good for the body and soul I guess. Stiff as a board for good reasons though as that means you’re obviously working those muscles good and hard. Well done both of you.

Myself, and I’m afraid I’ve missed my sessions this week. I’ve been simply happy pottering about the house, watching Boardwalk Empire and posting on here, plus picking up my granddaughter from school a couple of times too so the time just vanishes into thin air.
I definitely will be at the gym Today (Friday) and tomorrow as there are positively no plans penciled in for anything else this weekend, unless I manage a quick pint late Saturday afternoon with a buddy.
So I’ll be back with a write-up tomorrow evening and it should be a biggie to catch up with. There will be no cutting corners; my goals and targets are in place to surpass my previous results, and that will be done.

Take care all, er, both of you.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 02:38 PM

Just returned from Pilates. Torture!!

But I did manage to sit up lean forward and kiss my left knee
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Just returned from Pilates. Torture!!

But I did manage to sit up lean forward and kiss my left knee
I guess I'm on Ruthio's ignore list
Anyway, well done Ruthio, you'll get there and kiss both knees next time.

- - - - - - - -

The big mighty session didn’t materialise. I went too late today and after having a large sandwich that was bought for me by my wife (so I had to eat it) I was just too bloated to do very much at all. However I made a start to my upgraded routine and the five short exercises I did carry out were done without any issues. So boxes ticked off for those, I’ll be more of an eager attitude tomorrow to do the shelved remainder of my programme.

Friday, 16 Mar 18:

Smith flat bench press, 40kg:
20/15/12

DB press, incline bench, 22kg:
15/12/9
*Up 2kg on each dumbbell from last time. It was a struggle (as it’s 44kg combined) but I just managed the extra weight for these same reps, apart from the final set when I failed the last one. Nothing left in the triceps.

Incline chest press, 40kg:
20/15/12

Pec dec, 30kg:
30/25/22
*Coming on in leaps and bounds with this apparatus. Pecs are much firmer and more defined from the chest pressing and I’m finding the reps are too many now. Next time I’ll up the weight by another 5kg but with the same reps. See how it goes.

Bicep machine curls, 30kg:
25/15/12

35 mins.

Thanks for reading, more tomorrow.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

17-03-2018, 01:42 AM

Quick, easy, and full of the sandwich from your sweet wife - not a bad day at all, Floydy! Nice job on those upgrades, but pec dec? Don't make us google it, explain to us lowly lay people...

Ruthio, you put a pretzel to shame! While kissing the one you love is probably better than one's knee....that is AMAZING. Well done, you!

I made an early start of it this morning with a wide band of thunderstorms decending from the northwest, choosing the nearby sportsplex again in the interest of time. While I was out-run by the college students who were zooming by me in every which direction, it made my day when I overheard a young woman tell a teammate that she hoped she is as fit as me when she reaches my age.

Unfortunately, I'll be dead by then.

Six miles and I'm not quite as stiff as yesterday. Whew!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 04:49 PM

Well done on your run yesterday, Surfermom...and it's always nice to get compliments from those younger than yourself isn't it? I like to make a point of mentioning my age (it's a ego trip!) to some of the lads in the gym when they question my exercise routine and occasionally the shape I'm still in. A lot of the students tend to hand around sometimes when I'm doing curls etc, as at that age all they want is big biceps and they ask me how to achieve them, so I always help out if I can.

I thin k I'm coming down with some sort of cold or bug, which is pretty inevitable as my wife had a 2-3 day spell of it during the week. That would account for my below par showing at the gym yesterday I reckon which surprised me somewhat. I woke up this morning feeling quite groggy and I've decided to rest fully until I feel a bit better. I'll live and I'll still retain some form of fitness whilst I recover!

You asked about the 'pec dec'. It's a straightforward bit of kit you will recognise (but perhaps under a different name?). Here's two images. One is the standard one we all know and use, whereby you sit with elbows at 90 degrees and parallel to the torso, pushing inwards. The other is one that I've been using recently in my routine which I refer to as the 'fly deck'. This is used with arms almost outstretched and can also be used as a reverse option seated facing the back pad to do back exercises, pulling the arms backwards. I prefer the former variation. Hope this helps

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

18-03-2018, 12:39 AM

Aha! Now I know the machines to which you are referring, Floydy. I cannot use them...do you have any guesses why? Hint: I am 5' 4". I compensate with free weights, usually taken care of with the three pounders during step aerobics.

After doing the plein air painting (in Photos and Art), I stowed the canvas and portable easel in the car and took of down the beach for a short 4.5 miles. There are gazillion people on the beach right now as it is spring break for about a third of the schools within a six hour drive. The others will be stacked over the next few weeks. Hundreds of families and teens are in the chilly surf and working on their tans...

Will all these visitors, getting down the beach unscathed took a fair amount of dodging toddlers running into the surf along with people throwing footballs and frisbees. It's a great scene though, and it makes for some lateral moving which is good for strengthening the hips and knees.

Now the annual March Madness college basketball tournament is on, so it's aerobics and yoga...and stretching all these half-century parts .

Rest, get your vitamin C and take it easy Floydy. It will all be there when you feel better....pec decs and all.

Page 132 of 370 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top