Join for free
Page 81 of 370 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 > Last »
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I have read most of the posts here and I admire the strength and attitudes by everyone. I hope anyone with a struggle finds healing and strength. Have a great day. Upper body with a dash of core workout today!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Aye, DM57, there's a great bunch of people on here. Always encouragement and plenty of good vibes.

I'm so twitchy with no gym sessions that I'm eyeing up my torsion bar that's leaning in the corner of the room, begging me to do a few sets on it... Get thee behind me Satan, lol. Maybe in a week or two...
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:12 PM

My exercise is mostly walking - down to the beach, along the beach and up the hill back home - about 3 miles which takes about an hour unless I stop for coffee!

I also started swimming about three times a week - just for 20 minutes a time, which has helped with the arthritis I have in one hip. Then I started exercise classes which I really enjoyed, so did a few more, used heavier weights etc etc..... that, and some decorating I had to do in March/April combined to cause a rotator cuff injury in one shoulder...............which is STILL painful!

I have some decorating I really want to get on with, so will be starting that soon...........in the meantime, I'm hoping my physio will say I can get back to my swimming, which I've really missed, though I'll now take an easier approach to exercise...........and hopefully keep my otherwise active lifestyle!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:22 PM

I'd love to do a bit of swimming, Lindyloo, as that would be ideal but I've lost the knack of swimming on my front, maybe due to weight loss - fat floats better, lmao. I float beautifully on my back and I can womble along fine, as long as I watch out for banging my head on the sides because I can't see where I'm going. I can float forever that way, too, but it's not what you'd call "exercise". If I try to swim on my front I just sort of submerge gradually as I go, rather like a submarine in a very shallow dive.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I'd love to do a bit of swimming, Lindyloo, as that would be ideal but I've lost the knack of swimming on my front, maybe due to weight loss - fat floats better, lmao. I float beautifully on my back and I can womble along fine, as long as I watch out for banging my head on the sides because I can't see where I'm going. I can float forever that way, too, but it's not what you'd call "exercise". If I try to swim on my front I just sort of submerge gradually as I go, rather like a submarine in a very shallow dive.
Go on, give it a go! When I first started swimming I was gasping for breath after every length, but in a very short time I could do 20 lengths without stopping.......at a moderate speed.............but certainly not the slowest!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Go on, give it a go! When I first started swimming I was gasping for breath after every length, but in a very short time I could do 20 lengths without stopping.......at a moderate speed.............but certainly not the slowest!
That's my experience too Lindyloo.
I've graduated from 10 lengths to 20 and on a good day now it's 30.
My problem is I can't seem to find a regular time in my week to go!
The actual swim itself is less than ľof an hour but all the faffing around beforehand and afterwards, parking, walking to the pool ( no carpark there) and so on, seems to take up half the day!
Only one thing to do...win the lottery and build my own pool!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

13-10-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That's my experience too Lindyloo.
I've graduated from 10 lengths to 20 and on a good day now it's 30.
My problem is I can't seem to find a regular time in my week to go!
The actual swim itself is less than ľof an hour but all the faffing around beforehand and afterwards, parking, walking to the pool ( no carpark there) and so on, seems to take up half the day!
Only one thing to do...win the lottery and build my own pool!
I agree........with all the exercise slotted into your daily routine, there's not enough time for everything.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 03:50 AM

Lindyloo you are so right about swimming and arthritis. One of the reasons I love surfing so much is the way it reduces the stiffness in my joints.

Tachyon, you sound a lot like me. I love swimming on my back, but not what it does for my head . If you enjoyed swimming you would again. Have you considered resuming with back and side strokes and see where it gets you?

Ruthio, I had no idea how much you swim. I think your distances are impressive Do you employ different strokes? . Sometimes workouts (running, step aerobics) eat up my days, but I suppose there are worse hobbies .

DM57, it sounds like you have targeted workouts through the week. Is that correct?
JoelDuprey
New Member!
United States
JoelDuprey is male 

14-10-2017, 05:56 AM

My workout routine is of 30 mins daily.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 07:09 AM

Hi

I am getting slowly better after a Hospital Acquired Infection.

I have a smashed left leg, an injury in 1989 which rules out running or jogging, so have to work round that.

I can walk up hills easily, but coming down a hill is a real pain, literally.

I am slowly but surely building up my strength again.

I use an adapted exercise bike, 5 six minute spells a day now.

The best thing I have is a step counter, it really is an incentive.

Now don't laugh, but from being laid up for months, I have built up my upper body strength from literally zero, to being able to lift 25 kilos.

In three months I have lost 11 lbs and two inches off my waist.

Onwards and upwards.

Page 81 of 370 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top