Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 05:10 PM

The Tate

To day went up London to give my daughter a Important letter, met her and she asked me what I was going to do later, I said that I would visit the Tate just round the corner on Millbank, some of the exhibitions you had to pay some where free, I then get a boat to Tate Modern (Freedom pass £2.50).

Walked into Tate Modern and saw a new exhibition that I thought was well worth seeing but cost £10 to view so did not go in, walked round all the other free exs all well worth seeing.

On getting home I registered to become member of both London Tate`s for £50 a year which gives me the right to get into all exhibitions for free and enter the members lounge with I am told have some great views.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Re: The Tate

Sounds good
It's a really good idea to become a member of something like that which takes your interest. The anual fee is usually only about 2 or 3 times the price of a single admission so, if it's something you enjoy, you'll find yourself there many more times than that in a year. And, as you said, there are added benefits, like prior registrations, Members Only events etc

It's a great idea for a 'special present' for those of our era, who really don't need 'things'
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Re: The Tate

My appreciation of art comes somewhere between a moron and Bertie Wooster mumblng something about the `patina`

I do rather like Magritte and Grosz though

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top