Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:59 AM

CT scan

I went for a CT scan on my chest and renal areas on Sunday. It felt very strange going for that on a Sunday afternoon ..and very strange that I need the scan at all since I walked to and from the hospital at a brisk pace (6 mile round trip).

Just got to hope the lump inside my remaining kidney (the other lost to cancer 32 years ago) has stayed the same size as it has been for the last three years.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:03 AM

Re: CT scan

Hope you get a good result Mart, must be concerning.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:06 AM

Mart, I hope the results of the CT scan will be good and you will be able to carry on with your life as normal.

Thinking of you and sending you best wishes. x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:13 AM

I hope the results are what you and everyone else is hoping for. You must be feeling worried.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:15 AM

Thanks.

I was offered an operation to either freeze or remove the lump when it was discovered but I said I'd like to wait a while to see how quickly it was growing. I had a scan three months later and it had remained the same size, same on another scan three months after that.

Now I've been put on annual scans and it has been the same size on two of them. Hope it's the same this time. I think they did the chest area this time just to see if anything has gone into that area. I don't think it has.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Thanks.

I was offered an operation to either freeze or remove the lump when it was discovered but I said I'd like to wait a while to see how quickly it was growing. I had a scan three months later and it had remained the same size, same on another scan three months after that.

Now I've been put on annual scans and it has been the same size on two of them. Hope it's the same this time. I think they did the chest area this time just to see if anything has gone into that area. I don't think it has.
Everything sounds very positive there so hopefully this time is the same. It's good they are keeping an eye on things. My dad has a shadow on his lung and they keep sending him for tests to make sure it hasnt grown and for the last three times it has remained the same thank godness. Now they are testing him just as a precautionary measure like you.

I have everything crossed. Keep that positive attitude. Good luck x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:50 AM

I hope the results are good Mart.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-05-2018, 09:10 AM

The kidney still works OK anyway, which is why I'm reluctant to have anything done to it unless absolutely necessary. The aftermath of operations in the waterworks department can be a bit difficult to cope with. Lots of tubes, bags and things.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My dad has a shadow on his lung and they keep sending him for tests to make sure it hasnt grown and for the last three times it has remained the same thank godness. Now they are testing him just as a precautionary measure like you.
I've heard that tumours don't grow so quickly in older people. Every cloud has a silver lining eh? I'm 73 now and never expected to get this far. Living for 32 years after losing the first kidney to cancer is definitely a bonus.

Wishing your Dad good luck.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've heard that tumours don't grow so quickly in older people. Every cloud has a silver lining eh? I'm 73 now and never expected to get this far. Living for 32 years after losing the first kidney to cancer is definitely a bonus.

Wishing your Dad good luck.
Thanks Mart. My dad is 85 next month and he's as fit as a lop bless him

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top