Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Re: My favourite Argentinian Malbec has gone up in price from £6 to £7.50

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Dear oh dear. We are discussing red wine, full-bodied red wine, not the wide spectrum of alcoholic beverages.

Red wine is very healthy.

It is loaded with anti-oxidants/flavonoids which help prevent heart disease. It can improve cognitive function, reduce oxidative stress and even normalize blood sugar levels.

"When consumed in small amounts, red wine can be considered a superfood that provides powerful antioxidants that heal the body at a cellular level, like quercetin and resveratrol."

Dear oh dear Realist, you always think you are right! Anti oxidants can come from many sources and alcohol is rarely the best!
More here:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...r-bad#section3

"Grapes are rich in many antioxidants. These include resveratrol, catechin, epicatechin and proanthocyanidins (5).

These antioxidants, especially resveratrol and proanthocyanidins, are believed to be responsible for the health benefits of red wine.

Proanthocyanidins may reduce oxidative damage in the body. They may also help prevent heart disease and cancer (6, 7, 8)."

"Bottom Line:
The powerful plant compounds in red wine have been linked with many health benefits, including reduced inflammation, lower risk of heart disease and cancer, and extended lifespan."
Dear oh dear Realist, you always think you know best. Anti oxidants can come from many different sources and alcohol is never the best!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Hi

The Exchange rate for the £ has tanked since Brexit.

Nothing we can do about that, it is out of our control.

That means that petrol, diesel, gas. electricity prices have shot up

It is the same with wine.

Less of an impact here in England, but still enough.

It is the Scottish Parliament who have introduced minimum charging.

They receive no more profit, it goes to the Supermarkets.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:55 PM

I've still got one bottle of Malbec which I'll open on Sunday when a dear friend is coming round for a meal.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Dear oh dear Realist, you always think you know best. Anti oxidants can come from many different sources and alcohol is never the best!
here we go talk about " the pot calling the kettle black"!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Dear oh dear Realist, you always think you know best.
No I don't but I am able to read an OP and determine what the thread is about ! In this case Red Wine, not the world of alcohol !

Anti oxidants can come from many different sources and alcohol is never the best!
None of which changes the fact that red wine, the subject of this thread, is a healthy beverage provided not drunk to excess.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No I don't but I am able to read an OP and determine what the thread is about ! In this case Red Wine, not the world of alcohol !

None of which changes the fact that red wine, the subject of this thread, is a healthy beverage provided not drunk to excess.
Actually its about the op thinking that the alcohol tax is putting the price of his favourite wine up

Where as in fact, its the same price throughout the uk which knocks that theory clean on the head

esp when you look at historic prices and it was the same price back in 2015 which kind of says its been on special offer of one kind or other since
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Actually its about the op thinking that the alcohol tax is putting the price of his favourite wine up

Where as in fact, its the same price throughout the uk which knocks that theory clean on the head

esp when you look at historic prices and it was the same price back in 2015 which kind of says its been on special offer of one kind or other since
Missy don't waste your time....I suspect they have all been drinking too much red wine and it has addled their brains!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:18 AM

My favourite wines are Jen Pfeiffer wines or Three Amigos which is also very good. I'm in a wine club so it depends whats on offer, I like new world wines though much nicer than French.

It will be interesting to see if the alcohol tax in Scotland has any affect on over indulging.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top