Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:45 AM

Water Butt.

My neighbour sold me hers,all these years without one,silly me,not only is it much better for the plants,ponds,it saves so much money,on those water rates,as most people now have meters, have you got one?..dont they fill up very quickly, i was amazed just how quick it did fill up.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Re: Water Butt.

I have four! Two pairs of two linked together via a short length of flexible pipe.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:01 AM

I have three
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Yes I have one, very handy when you are gardening, always filled up.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:30 AM

I don't know anything about plants really.
I instant message my family on WhatsApp and was having conversation with ex wife telling her how lush and green my tiny garden is with lots of plants thriving, it's so nice relaxing on my sunlounger with all this greenery round me I told her, taking a quick photo with my phone and sending it to her.

Got a reply shortly. "There all weeds you idiot, your garden is full of tall weeds"

Do you think I should get a waterbutt to water my weeds from. 😀😀😀
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:05 AM

Yep I also have one. Apart from the obvious uses you mention, they are also a vital element for survival in a WTSHTF scenario. Having a replenishable supply of water would be life saving if the water supplies were disrupted for long periods of time. Of course you also need to have a water filter device in your survival cupboard to go along with that.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Yes we have several and being in the north of Scotland they can fill up very quickly, Just make sure the gutters of your greenhouse are clear and the pipe the water runs down to the barrel is not choked up, A good blast with the hose usually clears it. I stick my pointing finger over half the hole in the hose and the water pressure alters and makes it fiercer lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:28 AM

Yes I have one and would love another one as well.
I use it all the time so it gets low all to quickly.
Glad mine has filled up again after last nights rain.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:04 AM

I've got one attached to the downpipe off the conservatory roof. It was empty yesterday morning but after a massive deluge of rain last evening it's now full again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top