Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Re: Groceries online?

Don't do it.

You'll get stuff they want to shift which is approaching its sell by date.

Online supermarket shopping is ok for dry (ambient) goods like cereals, tins, pasta, drinks and so on.

Anything fresh though is a no go for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Nope, Always shop myself as I like to see whats available and looking good before I buy

Id hate to buy say like a cabbage and find it was all stalk for example. Or a beef joint with either too much or not enough fat

Im lucky that Mr Missy is happy to come shop with me most weeks as I find lt more and more difficult to unload the trolley at the check outs and pack the bags. Thankfully I have no real mobility problems as In I can still drive

I agree with you Missy, I would like to see before I buy too.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have never shopped online for my groceries, as long as I am able to walk to the shops I will continue that way.

I agree that it is very useful for those who are unable to manage their grocery shopping themselves though.
I hear you Mags, and I agree.....as long as you are able, it is best to go to the shops. It is nice to know we can get it on line if we need it. I think the day will come when this is how we will all shop...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Don't do it.

Online supermarket shopping is ok for dry (ambient) goods like cereals, tins, pasta, drinks and so on.

Yes Realist, this is what I was wondering (the dates). I think online is good for heavy things like cases of water, etc....but I don't think I would get milk, eggs, etc.....because as you say, it is might be approaching it's sell by date and then we would have to use it up quickly.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:29 AM

I don't shop on line but I suspect that the only disadvantage is missing out on specials and slightly higher prices.

Use by and best before dates are arbitrary crap anyway.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:56 AM

Anyway going to the local supermarket can be a social event too...it's amazing who you bump into at the local Co-Op

Usually happens to me when I'm in my gardening gear looking anything but my best.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I do a couple of times a month for bulky items such as kitchen rolls and loo paper. I'll order a whole load of things like cleaning fluid when it's on offer and pet food.

I rarely buy fresh fruit etc but they are supposed to shop for you as they would shop for themselves.
Me too Annie, but I have to admit that it is a great way to buy pet foods!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Me too Annie, but I have to admit that it is a great way to buy pet foods!

I agree about the pet food Twink.

I order my dog food once a month now, and it is all delivered free.

I use the firm "Fetch - dog food" and I can't fault them.
They have a vast selection of foods, toys, treats, brands, and offers to choose from.
They give a one hour delivery slot, and never miss it. They even bring everything right into the hallway for me.

So much easier than me loading and unloading my car and lugging heavy sacks and stuff about.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Don't do it.

That's your opinion, others here tend to differ, so just because you don't do it, let others make their own choices.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Yes (saves so much carrying)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top