Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: A Message For Leia re My Marty, Who l Had To Have Put To Sleep Last Week...

Originally Posted by deylon ->
So very sorry about you losing your lovely dog such a short time ago,It hurts so much I know,but slowly the pain does ease a bit and maybe you will be able to offer love to another little animal. I said no more after ours was put to sleep,but then we saw Bob, such a poor ,terrified, underweight, depressed dog with terrible scars from ill treatment,and I could not refuse him a home, now he is the love of myself & my son.Take comfort from the love & care you gave him
Art x
I was trying to hatch a response in my head for you when I was reading through the posts on this thread.
And it was coming together very much like Deylon expressed above, so I'll second her eloquent post and send you big hugs too

Thinking of you x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR. I don’t think, l could go through it all again.
If l could get clones of Marty and Cassie my Labrador. Yes, l would!

My son is begging me to go to Australia to visit him, as l haven’t had a proper holiday for about 10 years as l would never leave my dogs.
I felt the same way, but time heals.

When you get back from the colonies, perhaps you'll feel differently.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Art, Im so sorry to read this

I hope you don't think this too twee, I found it a great comfort when I lost my darling Gunnar

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank You, Missy.
I can just imagine Marty running around, he was so fast in his day!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Artangel
Only just seen this, Sue and I know exactly how you feel having owned many dogs over the past 45 year, often 4/5 at a time.

People say "oh it is only an animal", wrong! they are part of the family and leave a huge gap in the home when the time comes.

No words can express how you are feeling it is a very personal thing.

I see it has been suggested getting another dog, if you do it will have its own funny little ways you will get to love just as much.
Thank You, realspeed.
Yes, you’re right, some people will say, ‘lt’s only a dog’. Little do they know, that dogs become like one of your children.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Missy.
I can just imagine Marty running around, he was so fast in his day!
What better way to remember him

I think of my Gunnar, running around there in the sun, in no pain, just enjoying being

He was taken from me too soon, my heart truly broke. Its my way of coping
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
So very sorry about you losing your lovely dog such a short time ago,It hurts so much I know,but slowly the pain does ease a bit and maybe you will be able to offer love to another little animal. I said no more after ours was put to sleep,but then we saw Bob, such a poor ,terrified, underweight, depressed dog with terrible scars from ill treatment,and I could not refuse him a home, now he is the love of myself & my son.Take comfort from the love & care you gave him
Thank You, deylon.
It was a day, l was dreading but on that Monday, l made the decision that it was for the best.

I am so pleased, that your Bob has found a loving home with you and your son.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Art x
I was trying to hatch a response in my head for you when I was reading through the posts on this thread.
And it was coming together very much like Deylon expressed above, so I'll second her eloquent post and send you big hugs too

Thinking of you x
Thank You, Rhian.
It is hard to know what to say but l appreciate your kind words and the hugs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I felt the same way, but time heals.

When you get back from the colonies, perhaps you'll feel differently.
We’ll see!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:08 AM

My heart sank when I saw this thread Art....I'm so sorry,. What a great little pal he was cling on to your memories they live forever. J x
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:46 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog Artangel. I understand a little about the loss you are feeling.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top