Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Tummy Bloating

Hi all.

I'm having problems with bloating.

For months now, I look like i'm 7 months pregnant, even an elderly Lady at the Care Home yesterday thought I was pregnant and she is 90.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I eat healthy, don't eat Junk food, I only eat Chicken or Fish, all vegetables and one piece of fruit a day.
Porridge for breakfast, sometimes might be two slices of Toast instead.

I limit myself to just two slices of bread a day, brown seeded bread.

I only drink Tea, Tonic water or Water.

But I am Diabetic and have Insulin Injections three times a day.

I keep saying to myself its the Insulin that is making my tummy so big or maybe I have Insulin Resistance.

Does any one else have bloating like this, or any suggestions please.

From a very depressed Lady who always looks after herself.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Re: Tummy Bloating

I would suggest you have food allergies. The likeliest culprit I suspect would be gluten sensitivity. Try using a food diary. Log down everything you eat. Rotate your foods and try not to eat the same thing everyday.

If you suspect that bread is making you bloated then cut it out altogether for a week. Then for one day eat as much of it as you can. If you get insanely bloated, then that’s it.

The foods we become most sensitive are the foods we’ve eaten the most of and they are usually wheat, milk, & eggs but it can be anything. My guess is that you are sensitive or have become gluten intolerant. It’s actually quite common.

You might want to do some research on food sensitivities. I had this happen to me about 30 years ago and found out I was celiac.

Good luck Susan.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Your diet sounds like mine to a tee Susie, the porridge and one piece of fruit each day. I try to limit my bread intake, and eat mainly fish and chicken with unlimited vegetables. Even as a runner I've always had this 'Podge' and nothing I can do seems to make any difference. Trying to lose weight only results in thin arms and legs, but the 'Podge' remains....It would be interesting if any members have a solution to our problem Susie....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Thank you Bratti, I will write down a list of what I eat and maybe make an appointment to see someone.

Yes OGF we are exactly alike.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Hi

I have been on and off Steroids for two years now.

When I put on weight it immediately goes to my belly, I hate it.

I have also been on two other medicines which cause weight gain.

I am in transition now, they cannot be stopped straight away and then ceasing them altogether.

I cannot wait to finish them and get back in my usual size trousers and no more man boobs.

I will be off them for good, replaced with two medicines which do not cause weight gain, going down from 17 pills a day to four.

I have set my self a Target of going from XL to Medium in six months.

The medics think this is too severe a target, but they simply do not understand how much I loathe things at the moment and my determination to look myself again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi all.

I'm having problems with bloating.

For months now, I look like i'm 7 months pregnant, even an elderly Lady at the Care Home yesterday thought I was pregnant and she is 90.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I eat healthy, don't eat Junk food, I only eat Chicken or Fish, all vegetables and one piece of fruit a day.
Porridge for breakfast, sometimes might be two slices of Toast instead.

I limit myself to just two slices of bread a day, brown seeded bread.

I only drink Tea, Tonic water or Water.

But I am Diabetic and have Insulin Injections three times a day.

I keep saying to myself its the Insulin that is making my tummy so big or maybe I have Insulin Resistance.

Does any one else have bloating like this, or any suggestions please.

From a very depressed Lady who always looks after herself.

MIlk makes me bloat so I drink black coffee.
Cut out tea with milk try peppermint
I don't eat stuff with milk like ice cream but cheese is ok .
Tonic water is full of gas so will make you bloat .
Fruit is an iffy one oranges and apples can cause bloat but grapes seem to be ok .

Take magnesium citrate tablets three times a day you can get them from Holland and Barrett.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have been on and off Steroids for two years now.

When I put on weight it immediately goes to my belly, I hate it.

I have also been on two other medicines which cause weight gain.

I am in transition now, they cannot be stopped straight away and then ceasing them altogether.

I cannot wait to finish them and get back in my usual size trousers and no more man boobs.

I will be off them for good, replaced with two medicines which do not cause weight gain, going down from 17 pills a day to four.

I have set my self a Target of going from XL to Medium in six months.

The medics think this is too severe a target, but they simply do not understand how much I loathe things at the moment and my determination to look myself again.
Swim the weight you have put on with steroids will be because the steroids increase your appetite so the increased weight will just be fat stored by your body.
Bloating is usually caused by gas or fluid.

Susie I am sending you a PM.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim the weight you have put on with steroids will be because the steroids increase your appetite so the increased weight will just be fat stored by your body.
Bloating is usually caused by gas or fluid.

Susie I am sending you a PM.
Hi

Agreed twink.

Unfortunately all the fat is on my Torso.

I hate it and it is going.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Agreed twink.

Unfortunately all the fat is on my Torso.

I hate it and it is going.
Good as that will help in more ways than just making you look good. Weight around your middle can lead to unnecessary health problems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I would suggest you have food allergies. The likeliest culprit I suspect would be gluten sensitivity. Try using a food diary. Log down everything you eat. Rotate your foods and try not to eat the same thing everyday.

If you suspect that bread is making you bloated then cut it out altogether for a week. Then for one day eat as much of it as you can. If you get insanely bloated, then that’s it.

The foods we become most sensitive are the foods we’ve eaten the most of and they are usually wheat, milk, & eggs but it can be anything. My guess is that you are sensitive or have become gluten intolerant. It’s actually quite common.

You might want to do some research on food sensitivities. I had this happen to me about 30 years ago and found out I was celiac.

Good luck Susan.
I was also thinking it might be Gluten intolerance. It seems a lot of people suffer from it these days.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top