Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 08:40 AM

Re: Why do mammograms ...

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Manogram
Good one Muddy
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hpv vaccination should prevent the need for cervical screens. Realist on this thread you mentioned that vaccination s are all a pharma driven con. Would you say the same applies to hpv vaccination too?
To answer your question, and after having looked into the whole controversy surrounding this vaccine, yes I think the HPV Vaccine is a con. Is there a specific area of this you wanted to debate or is it the whole thing? There is so much involved that it would take pages and pages of posts to put up the evidence and data. I'm absolutely prepared to do that if you wish so it depends what point you wanted to make.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:32 AM

I'd be interested to know why you think it's a con. I haven't heard of a controversy other than misplaced moral objections by religious parents.

In the absence of a vaccine if you think cervical smears are not the way to go then I'd like you to explain what you would say to those women who end up dying through non detection. If only they had a similar test for ovarian cancer my friend wouldn't be terminally ill right now. Cancer screening saves lives. HPV causes cancer.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd be interested to know why you think it's a con. I haven't heard of a controversy other than misplaced moral objections by religious parents.

In the absence of a vaccine if you think cervical smears are not the way to go then I'd like you to explain what you would say to those women who end up dying through non detection. If only they had a similar test for ovarian cancer my friend wouldn't be terminally ill right now. Cancer screening saves lives. HPV causes cancer.
Annie, I don't have much info on the HPV injection & I have no intention of reading the rubbish that Realist usually writes on medicine. I do have confidence in medically approved vaccines though, because cases of smallpox, diphtheria and many other diseases have been dramatically reduced , or have even disappeared.

Homeopathic medicine may well assist in dealing with healthcare, but it has been research & medical treatments that have increased the survival of cancer patients from 0% to 50% over the last 60 years!

You are so right when you say that "early detection saves more lives". What a shame some people think it is alright to persuade people that the method detection is a way of giving them the disease
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:45 AM

I recently had a mammogram...
in a mobile unit (a huge caravan) it had air conditioning, and the equipment was brand new. The nurses were so kind and helpful...and it didnt hurt quite so much as last time....thankfully all is well..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no intention of reading the rubbish that Realist usually writes on medicine.
And with that belligerent closed mind you ensure you stay ignorant. What I post generally is supported by the highest medical research which you choose to ignore. You would continue selling people Flu Jabs even though the concrete evidence shows it is snake oil. Thus your position is pretty untenable.

Originally Posted by Twink
Homeopathic medicine may well assist in dealing with healthcare
No it won't. Homeopathy is pure bunkum promoted by charlatans. It has been well and truly debunked numerous times. The great James Randhi even proved it on a TV show and has regularly proven the whole thing to be a con for most of his great career.

ANY treatment CAN have an effect via the placebo effect. If you believe enough that rubbing a rabbits foot will cure your condition then a small % of people will see success.

That fact alone should steer the medical industry into MASSIVE research into the placebo effect and into the untapped ability that every human HAS to heal themselves.

Yet what they actually do is spend $millions creating synthetic potions, pills and vaccine to sell. Reason is there is no money to be made if people heal themselves, just as there's no money to be made if people heal conditions with simple products of Nature, like lemons and garlic and grapefruits.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2018, 10:20 AM

@JBR

I am disappointed that you have not thus far provided any links to source references to back up your fervent refutation of the available evidence which claims that Mammography is dangerous and causes more harm than good, predominantly because of over-diagnosis and the harms caused by such.

I hope you will provide your links
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
And with that belligerent closed mind you ensure you stay ignorant. What I post generally is supported by the highest medical research which you choose to ignore. You would continue selling people Flu Jabs even though the concrete evidence shows it is snake oil. Thus your position is pretty untenable.

No it won't. Homeopathy is pure bunkum promoted by charlatans. It has been well and truly debunked numerous times. The great James Randhi even proved it on a TV show and has regularly proven the whole thing to be a con for most of his great career.

ANY treatment CAN have an effect via the placebo effect. If you believe enough that rubbing a rabbits foot will cure your condition then a small % of people will see success.

That fact alone should steer the medical industry into MASSIVE research into the placebo effect and into the untapped ability that every human HAS to heal themselves.

Yet what they actually do is spend $millions creating synthetic potions, pills and vaccine to sell. Reason is there is no money to be made if people heal themselves, just as there's no money to be made if people heal conditions with simple products of Nature, like lemons and garlic and grapefruits.
Just because you're paranoid, don't think they're NOT out to get you.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2018, 10:50 AM

How are those research links coming JBR?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Discussion on HPV Vaccine here:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=53860

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top