Join for free
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 07:23 AM

Muscle cramps

I suffer quite often from night time muscle cramps mostly in my legs, the early hours often see my hopping round the bedroom in agony ( trying not to swear), my son recommended Rehydration salts, available from chemists usually in two flavours, they seem to work, I take them diluted in warm water alternate evenings, I have not had cramps since.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 07:29 AM

Re: Muscle cramps

People always used to say that cramp was caused by lack of salt....but we wrongly thought they meant "Sodium chloride" which is the salt we put on our food.

Well done you for finding a satisfactory cure for your cramps!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
I suffer quite often from night time muscle cramps mostly in my legs, the early hours often see my hopping round the bedroom in agony ( trying not to swear), my son recommended Rehydration salts, available from chemists usually in two flavours, they seem to work, I take them diluted in warm water alternate evenings, I have not had cramps since.
I suffered for years with leg cramps. I know how painful they are and it doesn't help when your partner finds it funny. I started drinking a small amount of tonic water every day, just a few sips here and there and I can honestly say I have not had cramp for about six or seven years.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:34 AM

I also drink Tonic Water, its the Quinion in it that helps with Cramps.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:33 AM

I went through a period of leg muscle cramps, but they seem to have subsided.

I never tried Tonic Water but, out of interest, i have just checked it out and have discovered:

Tonic water will fluoresce under ultraviolet light, owing to the presence of quinine. In fact, the sensitivity of quinine to ultraviolet light is such that it will appear visibly fluorescent in direct sunlight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_water

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I went through a period of leg muscle cramps, but they seem to have subsided.

I never tried Tonic Water but, out of interest, i have just checked it out and have discovered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_water

Ah, that explains why I was glowing by the pond filter.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I also drink Tonic Water, its the Quinion in it that helps with Cramps.
But, but. but you shouldn't drink it neat Susie darlin' - ok if added to Gin or Vodka

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top