Join for free
Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Wales (part 5)

I don't intend to think about Christmas for a couple of weeks!

Better boy today. He's been to the fracture clinic and has a much better sling. They say he will be swimming again in a fortnight and playing rugby after 6 weeks (!).

Gave granddaughter her birthday presents today, I won't see her on Saturday. (Johdpurs and all weather riding gloves).

Just waiting for DIL to come and retrieve Chris (Jamie has been playing rugby in Brecon) and then off to Craft Club.

Would love to see your anniversary present when it's finally finished Celyn, what a thrill.

Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 08:37 PM

Despite the sling a gorgeous picture of Chris.

My gardener was going to fix my garden arch into the ground today. The onr I had for my birthday. It arrived and was assembled three weeks ago. It was falling apart. The screws put in it had rusted through and sheered off, so he couldt fix it into the ground. We were rather annoyed that on top of the garden arch, which was pricey, Michael had paid £80 to have it assembled and fitted for me. The chap spent a quarter of an hour assembling it and said everyone thinks we actually fit it into the ground, but we dont. I may have moaned on here previously, that we could have saved the money by assembling it ourselves (or my daughter and I) Had the lovely Said from John Radcliffe here all day, clever chap. Michael can now raise, lower and tilt his wheelchair using his eyes. Stunned that the community matron returned my call almost immediately and came straight up to do Michael's blood tests. So been a pretty positive day....apart from ther neew Bosch iron I bought yesterday being, to use a friends term, pants!!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:20 AM

That's disgraceful service re your garden arch Celyn - complain! How amazing that Michael can do all that by using his eyes!

Glorious morning here - friend told me that the forecast for Spain next week is rain (!) - I may stay home! Housework this morning and a meeting in Builth this afternoon, bowls tonight (and we have a visiting team coming so have to ice a cake).
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 02:02 PM

Had a lovely morning/early afternoon with granddaughter and her dog and mine in Craig-y-Nos park.It was lovely and warm in the sunshine but bit chilly in the shade.The colours of the leaves were a real sight and it was great walking through the crispy fallen leaves.I love the countryside in Autumn.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 02:16 PM

Lovely pic of Chris Sue xx
Brilliant that Michael can do all that with his eyes , technology eh , god knows what he might be able to do in the future .
another brilliant sunny day but chilly when in the shade
Car had to go for MOT so I popped to Mumbles in the bus while waiting , all good so a job well done
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 05:29 PM

Celyn that's fantastic that Michael can operate his wheelchair with his eyes, the wonder of technology. It was a bit cooler here today I did some shopping then had some lunch while I was out.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Mine went for MOT too Jac. Not due until the end of the month but wanted it done before it goes into Porsche for it's service. Had one of the sensors replaced plus I had lost the cover off the jacking point which didn't look good. I had a very hefty bill unfortunately as they also had to be sprayed to match the vehicle. That will teach me to put it back on properly when I knock it off on a log in my drive. Went down the motorway and it was missing when I got home. One of those *kick yourself* moments. Michael will only be able to operate the tilt forwards and backwards plus going up and down (this chair rises up so he used to be able to get things of the top shelves in supermarkets, when he could move his arms, bit of a novelty for people watching) He actually drives the wheelchair with his lips. There will come a time when he probably wont be able to do that, or move his eyes, so we address each thing as it presents itself.
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:40 AM

Morning folks.......it's amazing what the techie bods can do to help people these days. Off to Hereford later to meet up with The Scrumpies at Pengethly Garden Centre. Went to the manor years ago when I was social sec for our Young Wives and I'd arranged a visit to a cider place and then to the Manor for a meal.....
Celyn
Hampshire

15-10-2015, 10:09 AM

Not all down to the techie bods. Eldest daughter actually made the mouth control. Follows her Dad with engineering skills. A lot of the equipment you don't get unless you buy it yourself, otherwise it's pretty bog standard.The wheelchair alone, with all its gizmos, has probably cost us in the region of £25,000 plus. Dread to think what those that can't afford it have to live with. Back on more antibiotics this morning. Poorly again. Lovely day carer dashed down the surgery to pick up and collect prescription for me. She lives locally , less than half a mile from us, so a pleasure not to have to explain where to go, and what to do. I didn't have the energy to explain and also she has transport. Rio seems to think that it's her duty to look after me! Better than nothing I suppose. Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing.
Celyn
Hampshire

15-10-2015, 10:14 AM

Nimby have you seen the new properties on Penarth front? They look stunning.

Page 4 of 55 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top