Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Re: Steampunk?... Of corset makes sense!

Absolutely fabulous, Twiz!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 08:37 AM

I still think Steampunk is silly, but just like watching an accident or scratching a spot I can't help myself

You can get Steampunk jewelry. Go to www.notonthehighstreet.com and put 'steampunk' into their search box

Anything that encourages large busty women is to be recommended!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Silly is probably a compliment! Totally bonkers is more like it! Too much serious stuff in my life without it!
If I can bring a smile to someone else's face along the way, so much the better!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 09:17 AM

I like the little bird in post number three

I know someone who is trying to find a large steampunk clock but is having no luck .

I just love the clothes they are right up my street as many of the skirts are long .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Silly is probably a compliment! Totally bonkers is more like it! Too much serious stuff in my life without it!
If I can bring a smile to someone else's face along the way, so much the better!
Bonkers is good, Twiz !!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-09-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I still think Steampunk is silly ...
But see how happy they all look!

Walk through any city centre and look at the faces - most of them look malcontent/worried/harassed/bored etc., - fashions have become increasingly ugly - the world is going to hell in a handcart - so anything that introduces an air of innocent fun, hurts no-one and makes people happy has my vote every time.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Walk through any city centre and look at the faces - most of them look malcontent/worried/harassed/bored etc., - fashions have become increasingly ugly - the world is going to hell in a handcart - so anything that introduces an air of innocent fun, hurts no-one and makes people happy has my vote every time.

Big cheer for this post...

Totally letting the imagination run free, without causing anyone offence or pain whats silly about that? If more people tried something similar the world might be a bit less hateful.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Takes some doing to create such costumes. I've watched Japanese animation (anime) that feature lots of the ideas behind Steampunk, such as Steamboy. What I would like to comment on though is the singer in the first video - top notch.

Steamboy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348121/

Should get some great ideas for costumes by watching the film .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Tis true
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 01:57 PM

Mark, it was my youngest into Anime and then Cosplay that got me into Steampunk. They were all having so much fun and making lovely costumes. I felt a bit old for it, then went along to a Steampunk event and the rest is history.
The best bit for me is not having to spend much, adapting charity shop finds and making accessories is cheap and satisfyingly. I'm more into the neo-Victorian side so long skirts are easy to find as are nice blouses.
We have lots of re-enactors in the groups too, interesting folk!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top