Join for free
Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 04:52 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

Kimberley Musings

I missed the golf link walk this am - got up to late after 6.30am so not allowed there. What caused the lateness I hear you ask with a deafening and silent roar.

well I awoke around 3am which I enjoy because of some great oldie films you can catch - usually half way through but it doesn't seem to matter. First one was, Night of the Hunter b/w of course. And I quote "this is the only film directed by British Actor Charles Laughton, and is a masterpiece of menace. Robert Mitchum plays a psychopathic preacher searching for a fortune in hidden loot" A religious fanatic [robert mitchum] marries a gullible widow whose young children are reluctant to tell him where their real daddy hid $10,000 he'd stolen in a robbery.

the mother and wife is played by shelley winters. I didn't find the plot very interesting but always fascinates me is the sets - it is set in the American great depression - the supporting actors [male and female] are very realistic and despite it's drama it is a fun film to watch.

the second film didn't grab me - all about a couple divorcing and the effects on their 9yr old daughter 1946 and no one that I could recognize.

some more interesting ones coming up friday early but I don't always make it. switzerland, germany and hungry - I watch them for the scenery if the plot is boring!

and now back to the dog to save you wondering!

fortunately we have a vacant 5 acre block around the corner with more trees than house so when the golf links are off limit were meander around the block!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can't or won't, which is it?
Don't ask, Don't tell.
Can't ask, can' tell
Won't ask, won't tell.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 07:07 AM

What a strange name for the Daughter, 1946.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 07:12 AM

Donatello
Canaletto
William, Tell.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 07:18 AM

Gumbud, love the synopsis's, (synopsese?).

DEAD OF NIGHT.
I recall a 5 part spooky thriller with an unsettling groundhog type theme running throughout.
Most memorable for me is the segment where a ventriloquist
(a truly manic Michael Redgrave) is taken over by the dummy.
A whole concept on is own.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2015, 07:29 AM

Donatello
Canaletto
William, Tell.
Bill Stickers will be prosecuted
Will he now??
Bill Stickers is innocent
William Tell!
it was Just William
Bill left the Gate open
Early doors
The Doors
Show him the door
I can, but I won't
I would but I can't
Mr Fox, now is your tongue numb

(sorry Dr Seuss)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-06-2015, 07:42 AM

Bill Stickers been Transferred
Leonardo has been Lambinated.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2015, 07:53 AM

Bill Stickers been Transferred
Leonardo has been Lambinated.
Bill is a marked man now

It's another cover up
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Robert Junior
real name Robert
( but called SHaddup until school years)

Have you heard about young Robert Junior
Actor dancer and crooner
One night at the ‘Gate’, he arrived very late
Saying sorry I couldn’t come sooner.

(Notice I put you up there with the elite RJ, the ‘Gate’ is a very highbrow Theatre in Dublin)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 11:55 AM

That’s very interesting about the monks Gumbud, must take an awful lot of practice to get it right, but well worth it I’d say.
I have to say Night of the Hunter was a very enjoyable film for me (and the wife) we watched it just after Christmas not having seen it for decades, well worth another look for those who like a good thriller. Never knew Laughton directed it, I did know he discovered Angela Landsbury (Murder she wrote) when she was very young, she has a place in County Cork now and spends part of her year there, she goes about her shopping in the village where she is well respected but left in peace by her neighbours, marvellous woman for her years.

Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top