Join for free
Page 4 of 49 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland
capitalgirl is female  capitalgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Re: Over 50's Scotland (Part 2)

good evening all. Poor Martin and Scott were they a wee but hung over this morning?? No I wasn't at my dad's today, we decided not to give each other our germs as we've both had the same thing. I spoke to him on the phone earlier and he says he is improving slowly as am I. He's lucky he doesn't have to go to work in the morning, I do !! Yes I wonder how Rona has been getting on over the weekend. Jess enjoy yourself at Elizabeth's while your bathroom is getting done.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:04 PM

Hi folks. Just to say that I am back from my trip down south. My brother is still very poorly, and the doctors have given him to the end of this week. I wanted to stay, but my sister in law has him at home, and wants it to just be the two of them, that is her wishes. She knows she only has to say and I will be on the next flight. It was a devastating time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:18 PM

Oh Rona how difficult that must have been for all of you. I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like your sister in law and brother just want a quiet space for both of them. I'm sure they know full well that you would be there at the drop of a hat. My thoughts are with all the family

Hope everyone else has had a good day. It was bitter when I came from work. I wasn't surprised it started snowing, but as yet it doesn't seem to have come to much. I've just made another pot of soup. Definitely soup weather.
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland
capitalgirl is female  capitalgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:36 PM

good evening all. Rona I'm so sorry to hear about your poor brother, thinking about you and sending lots of hugs for you and your family at such a sad time. Yes bitter wind tonight out there. We had some snow flurries here in Edinburgh today, I think the weather is confused.. it's supposed to be Spring Time!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:39 PM

Hi Dorothy. Martin text me this morning to say it was heavy snow where he was, yet it was nice here. Then later it was like that here, then the sun came out. Wish it would make up it's bloomin mind! Hope your cold is better. Lots of folk at work are coughing and sneezing. I'm not surprised with the weather chopping and changing.
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland

02-03-2015, 09:46 PM

Thanks Myra yes I feel more like myself now, still coughing but its easing off. I hope Martin doesn't get snowed in where he is.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

02-03-2015, 09:50 PM

Dorothy, at least Martin has a car that copes with the snow. He was picking up a couple at Prestwick Airport this morning who he had let them park their car at his for the last month. They are his friends from Ullapool who were at Teneriffe for a month. Apparently where they stayed it was very cold. What a waste of time. I'd expect sun there even at this time of year
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Thanks girlies. Must admit, I left Essex in lovely mild temperatures and sunshine, as we arrived at Glasgow I could see the snow, especially on higher grounds. It doesn't seem to know what it is doing.

I think the weather all over is mixed up, when I was in Tenerife a couple of weeks ago we had a very mixed week, shame for Martin's friends being there for a month, as this time of the year folk go for the warm weather.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

03-03-2015, 07:21 PM

Good evening all. Very quiet here, but folk have things going on and it's understandable.

Rona, thoughts are with you. Jess, you're at Elizabeth's and will be patiently waiting for your work to be done at the house.

I came home from work and pottered a bit, then just had dinner. A quiet night for me. Will have an early night after Craig comes home from work and we have a wee blether and catch up.

Hope you got on okay at work today Dorothy. Work was okay for me, but the Norovirus is still rife in the hospital. The ward next door is closed, hence we are busier with trauma, still it keeps the wolf from the door.

Have a nice evening all x
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland

03-03-2015, 09:41 PM

hi Myra and anyone looking in. Yes work was okay, very busy as always, it never ends but it keeps us in a job! We had a bit of snow this morning so it was a bit slippy slidey to the bus stop. I had to run the last wee bit as I could see the bus coming.. there was a man waiting at the stop and he shouted "no need to run hen I'll stop the bus for you, don't want you falling!!" That was good of him. I wonder how Jess's bathroom work is getting on.. she'll have a posh cludgie once its all done I hope you are ok Rona, we are all thinking about you good pal.

Page 4 of 49 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top