Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:09 AM

Re: This Guy Brought Me Here

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Surfermom, what you call the "bonnet" in our house we call it "the cone of shame".

I am sorry to hear of the ongoing eye problems, dogs are so stoic aren't they? My old Lab had a very bad tooth abcess which I did not realise until her face swelled. She must have been in so much pain and never gave any indication at all.

I do hope the eye heals quickly.
Oh, your sweet lab in all that pain...they are stoic, aren't they! I know this dog is going to be amazing because in all of his pain and treatment, he was wagging his tail, licking faces, and generally being a love.

We call it "the cone of shame" too. I believe the movie, "Up" made that phrase even more common. Even so, didn't want you all to think I was completely bonkers....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Bobby was in a similar condtion when we met him at the dogs trust,my son spent hours just sitting in a corner there with him before we were allowed to bring him home.Now 15 moths later he is in very good condition, very affectionate with us.our vet reamrked today how much he loves and trusts us now
Best of luck with this young man,in a few months he will be in a lovely condition and lapping up plenty of TLC
Deylon, that is why rescuing is so utterly satisfying. Bobby is very fortunate to have landed into such a wonderful family. It's a remarkable thing to earn their trust.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-08-2017, 04:39 AM

Twink, thank you so much for you well wishes and kindness. He IS exceptional! I am so pleased to find so many good-hearted people when it comes to animals here.

Cass, too have a border collie, but lost my sweet beagle two years ago at the age of seventeen. The border collie was rescued from the flooding after Hurricane Katrina, and my beagle came from a horrible neglect situation:

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 07:08 AM

Lovely dogs...

My boys as I called them are no longer with me
Oscar Bc died 2012 aged 11
Remy rat terrier 2015 aged 10
and Benny beagle june 2016 aged 15.

People still stop me and tell me how much they miss Oscar he was such a gentle and loving dog. A real soul mate.

Tears aside. We now have Murphy who fills our lives with love and lots of exersize !

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	boys.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	3544  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-08-2017, 06:25 AM

What a lovely family, Cass. Thank you for sharing. We had a rat terrier too...how many similar dog breeds we have had!

I know you miss your pups. It's a loss one never quite gets over. The only solace is that, when the time is right, losing one makes room for another.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I know you miss your pups. It's a loss one never quite gets over. The only solace is that, when the time is right, losing one makes room for another.
I have to agree with you there, its the only solace I have and I make sure I take the lessons learned from each of them and use that knowledge in caring for the next one..

This is Murphy, taken this morning.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1404 - kopie.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	3557  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

06-08-2017, 05:45 AM

Now, that is one handsome young man!

I had a rat terrier too, Cass. His name was Jack, and he lived until he was 17. We have had so many dog breeds in common, though mine were all officially the the "side of the road" breed .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

08-08-2017, 04:38 AM

The cone of shame is gone, the eye sutures have been removed, and this happy-go-lucky guy is feeling his oats. I have been beaten half to death by that tail that is always wagging and coated with slobbery kisses....pray for me . He did eat, whole, my son's wallet though...cash and all...

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 05:33 AM

You can see he is putting some weight on, but maybe your sons wallet isn't the most nutritional snack!

I can't help thinking that, if it wasn't for you,he wouldn't still be alive..... Maybe that constant wagging tail is his way of saying "thank you"!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

08-08-2017, 06:57 AM

Oh, Twink, so sweet of you. I like to think that other people would have swooped in at the last minute and saved him. Still, I am the fortunate one to have his good-natured soul in my life.

Yes, we chatted with him that eating twenty dollar bills are not on the list of superfoods either.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top