Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 10:33 AM

Re: I hope alarm bells shouldn't be ringing!

It is not unusual for a puppy to have a runny tummy for the first day, a change of water and anxiety can cause it.
I would not expect it after that time in a health puppy.

Puppies become dehydrated and can go downhill very quickly and if any sickness or diarrhoea lasts for more than 24 hours it should be checked by a vet.

Jazzi Beta is just about the worst dog food out there with very little nutritional content. Was the breeder feeding it , if so it says to me they haven't done their homework.

Try going to a website called 'allaboutdogfood.com' for a review of dog food and analysis of their content.

I hope your puppy is better soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 11:08 AM

Well Meg, the trainer at class reckoned most breeder use it.

But guess what? She has improved, while I have deteriorated! I have someone on their way to collect her for fostering, and I have an emergency gp appt at 11 up the road. Diarrhoea for a few days, then the vomiting started this morning.

I put up a plea on our local FB 4 Dogs Group, was texting admin, and in the meantime someone responded, saying they'd take her. Admin highly recommend him, and he trains with the lady whose class I went to on Tuesday (tho he does Wed.). He has crates, runs, and a secure garden, and three retired greyhounds, so she will be looked after while I get myself sorted out.

Got her bag ready, her food, some money to hand to him for petrol expenses, and then I need to pack up her bed. Once they are on their way I want to look for my hospital d/c note from last time, to show the Gp this morning.

I got quite emotional as I started speaking to him on the phone, but then that's how it gets me.

And I was about to get her to the vets today if she didn't improve.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well Meg, the trainer at class reckoned most breeder use it.

But guess what? She has improved, while I have deteriorated! I have someone on their way to collect her for fostering, and I have an emergency gp appt at 11 up the road. Diarrhoea for a few days, then the vomiting started this morning.

I put up a plea on our local FB 4 Dogs Group, was texting admin, and in the meantime someone responded, saying they'd take her. Admin highly recommend him, and he trains with the lady whose class I went to on Tuesday (tho he does Wed.). He has crates, runs, and a secure garden, and three retired greyhounds, so she will be looked after while I get myself sorted out.

Got her bag ready, her food, some money to hand to him for petrol expenses, and then I need to pack up her bed. Once they are on their way I want to look for my hospital d/c note from last time, to show the Gp this morning.

I got quite emotional as I started speaking to him on the phone, but then that's how it gets me.

And I was about to get her to the vets today if she didn't improve.
Jazzi there is a lot of Noro virus around just now, I had it two weeks ago and was quite poorly. The local hospital has closed some wards to visitors to try to stop the spread.
That could be the cause of your tummy problems but consider also you could also have picked up a zoonotic condition from your puppy, there are a number of them.

I hope you are both better soon
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 01:03 PM

No Meg, I felt like it the hours before we collected her!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 07:39 PM

Jazzi, just a word about the food.

The dog I have now was on Beta Puppy when I got her. She had alternating bouts of horrid diarrhoea, sort of a couple days ok then a couple bad days. I got her checked at the vets, even had the Giardia and Campylobacter tests, all clear.

In the end, in desperation, I changed her food to Arden Grange (recommended to me by my sister in law who breeds Goldies) and it basically cleared up overnight!

I have had to change her food since as when she got older she developed an intolerance to wheat so she's now on Burns pork and potato (and her poo is lovely).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:23 AM

I also used to feed my dogs on Burns dog food. It was expensive but they were rarely ill.

Jazzi, l hope you’re feeling better and l’m glad Holly is improving.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Beta went right through all our dogs jazzi I'm not sure it's the most digestible food out there. It might be worth trying another brand preferably gluten free as that's a common cause of runny poops.

Also I've always cut back portion size with a runny puppy it's easy to over whelm tiny pups with the amount of food we offer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:23 PM

I agree too, Julie. I wouldn't buy it.

It's made with animal derivatives anyway, so I wouldn't use it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:12 PM

On the All about dog food site Beta scores just about the lowest for quality/ingredients - only 0.4 out of 5.0 and
the main ingredient is cereal - not what I would want to rear my pup on. I honestly think there are far better foods out there - some probably cheaper.
Kofield64
New Member!
Arizona, USA
Kofield64 is male 

07-12-2017, 12:36 PM

i think along with you

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top