Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Re: Skye

The spotty face makes it look like she thought about being a Dalmatian but changed her mind lovely little doggy full of mischief l bet
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 01:08 PM

Doc, Skye looks a well bred dog and looks healthy too!

Are you going to breed from her or is she just a pet?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Doc, Skye looks a well bred dog and looks healthy too!

Are you going to breed from her or is she just a pet?
a pet,just one litter from her when shes 3,....had a job to get breeder to allow one litter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
a pet,just one litter from her when shes 3,....had a job to get breeder to allow one litter.

I can understand that though doc.
I am not familiar with the required health tests for your breed, but I assume the breeder wants Skye tested first?

My pups always had KC Endorsements on their paperwork to stop them breeding without my knowledge and consent.

My dogs are/were fully health tested for generations. This takes time and money but the resulting puppies stand a better chance of not having genetic defects.
If I have done years of research, and gone to the trouble of doing my best to produce healthy dogs, I would not want some idiot mating one to any old untested mutt just to try and make a quck buck.

I only ever lifted 2 Endorsements for owners in 30 years, but there is a procedure first.
The owner has to ask me to lift the exclusion first. I would only do this if they had the dogs health tests done, and I saw the written results.
If they were OK, I then had to write to the KC and ask for the paperwork to be changed and the Endorsement lifted.

Finally once the owner got the permission from me and the KC, they could go ahead.
Results are usually posted on the KC website so you can check a male out for Skye before you decide to use him.

I do believe it promotes more responsible breeding.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 04:24 PM

oh yes she has to be tested first,pass all the checks,satisfy the owner,,,,maybe wont breed from her,but,it was nice to have the option
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Sounds like you bought from a good breeder Doc - well done.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top