Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Re: Tonight's moon

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not a lecture no just interested in what you like in the original photo to help me improve on my photographic work
I’m sorry RS, I was responding to Fruitcake’s thread and thought his photo was good.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 08:54 PM

mags you might as well remove all my posts on this thread
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 08:56 PM

deleted post
I found out many moons ago that I'm not always right.

Chin up chum, it's OK.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 08:58 PM

mags you might as well remove all my posts on this thread
I can’t remove them RS as I see you have already removed them yourself
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
I found out many moons ago that I'm not always right.

Chin up chum, it's OK.
What upset me was not a question of was I right or wrong Just offering an alternative. Those who didn't like mine are entitled to their opinion.

I often wonder , not only on this site, why bother to try and demonstrate what can be done, not that it should be done that way.

I also belong to a strong photographic forum and on there one does get reason why a photo is like or not, and advice on how it could be improved which has taught me a lot

So i have pulled the edit so as not to cause further upset/ disagreement
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Excellent sharp photo Fruitcake, you must have some good equipment......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 11:37 PM

What upset me was not a question of was I right or wrong Just offering an alternative. Those who didn't like mine are entitled to their opinion.

I often wonder , not only on this site, why bother to try and demonstrate what can be done, not that it should be done that way.

I also belong to a strong photographic forum and on there one does get reason why a photo is like or not, and advice on how it could be improved which has taught me a lot

So i have pulled the edit so as not to cause further upset/ disagreement

Bazza, don't take offence, but I did give you my reason, which was I am not keen on black & white pictures.
Not just yours, but anyone's. They just look so very cold to me when there is no colour.
Photo's of scenes/people/animals . . anything really, looks cold and hard to me without colour. After all these things are not black & white in real life are they, (except the moon ) so why change them? If people do a painting of a scene, they don't paint it in black and white do they, it loses so much IMO.
I know others who don't agree, but I am just saying how I personally feel. I love natural colours and things look 'ill' to my eye without them.

Hope you understand my explanation of how I feel.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 11:43 PM

A good explanation, however, some aspects of photography look better in mono and bring out the detail in the subject.
Naturally, it may not be to everyones taste, but you have to look at the overall picture to understand why the 'artist' created the final product.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
A good explanation, however, some aspects of photography look better in mono and bring out the detail in the subject.
Naturally, it may not be to everyones taste, but you have to look at the overall picture to understand why the 'artist' created the final product.

I'm gonna beg to differ dear gasman.
I can only look through my eyes, and say what I feel and see, and to me it is like looking at a negative instead of the picture.

But its a good job we're not all the same.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 12:02 AM

That's why it's good to have different opinions on various subjects. If there were something that I wasn't too keen on, I try to explain why in a constructive manner. There are certain photos that I wasn't too pleased with having posted on here and other sites. Others have given me the reasons why they didn't like the final product and I have taken on board their comments.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top