Join for free
Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Re: Holly

Morning Jazzi, did you check out these prices?
You can buy just 3 tins if you want.

https://fetch.co.uk/search?entry=Hills+i%2Fd+for+dogs
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Morning all.

She was prescribed Hill's Digestive Care I/D.

Wish I knew why there were so many different lettered food!
The hills letters refer to what they are prescribed for, Elsie was on one for her skin at one time, Betty had the Id for her tummy. I'm not keen on feeding them for long myself and usually try to find a better way even hand cooking mainly because I worry about getting too focused on one food. When we used to feed a tinned food all three of ours at the time loved the manufacturer stopped making it ! Over night we had three dogs obsessed with one brand and no more being made. That taught me make sure they eat lots of variety so we can change if needed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The hills letters refer to what they are prescribed for, Elsie was on one for her skin at one time, Betty had the Id for her tummy. I'm not keen on feeding them for long myself and usually try to find a better way even hand cooking mainly because I worry about getting too focused on one food. When we used to feed a tinned food all three of ours at the time loved the manufacturer stopped making it ! Over night we had three dogs obsessed with one brand and no more being made. That taught me make sure they eat lots of variety so we can change if needed.
Ah, thanks Julie! That's handy to know the reasoning behind the codes.

While she is under the vet care and until we know what, if anything, we are dealing with (poo sample test), I'll continue with this food. Later on, I will do trial and error to see what she can tolerate.

Glad both you and pooch are better.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Morning Jazzi, did you check out these prices?
You can buy just 3 tins if you want.

https://fetch.co.uk/search?entry=Hills+i%2Fd+for+dogs
Yes, I did Mups. It's about on a par with the other website.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:40 PM

Yes, I did Mups. It's about on a par with the other website.

Oh, sorry. Thought you said the other place was £2.08, that's why I thought this was a good deal at £1.47, and save you a few bob..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, sorry. Thought you said the other place was £2.08, that's why I thought this was a good deal at £1.47, and save you a few bob..
Are you sure this was Digestive Care? I think other codes may be cheaper.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-12-2017, 04:16 PM

Holly successfully had her second vax this morning, together with a face and bum clean. In the w/room she was barking at all the other dogs (and cats) but when home she was lethargic and hanging her head down. A quick phone call to the vet reassured me that some pets react like this.

She is now beginning to walk around and wake up a bit and has eaten.

Now next week she will be able to go out on walks with the foster carer. He will walk her outside before me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-12-2017, 05:42 PM

Will you get her poo results before you go away Jazzi?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Holly successfully had her second vax this morning, together with a face and bum clean. In the w/room she was barking at all the other dogs (and cats) but when home she was lethargic and hanging her head down. A quick phone call to the vet reassured me that some pets react like this.

She is now beginning to walk around and wake up a bit and has eaten.

Now next week she will be able to go out on walks with the foster carer. He will walk her outside before me!
Yes some can get quite depressed about it jazzi, as long as she perks up quite quickly I wouldn't be too worried, its eyes saying that I know as they are a worry aren't they !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-12-2017, 09:56 PM

She's well woken up! Giving me the runaround, ignoring commands, giving me nips!

I was told I could get the results before Christmas, so yes, am hopeful.

Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top