Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:40 AM

My boys

Some may remember that we had to say goodbye to our 12 yr-old Newfie, Jiggs, back at the end of May, due to cancer.
I was heartbroken, and I know most of you can relate to that.

A couple of months later I got a phone call from the vet asking if we could take in an approximately 1-yr-old newfie for the weekend, or a week at the longest.
Nearly 4 months later, we still have him. I'm a foster failure. Again.
Long story short, he's the product of a backyard breeder on one of the Indian reserves here. He's possibly inbred - a big problem here.
He was 'acquired' for a fellow's girlfriend. But she left him when the pup was but 4 months old, and the poor thing was left outside from then on in a very small area. No socialization. No training.
Somebody on the reserve noticed him lying down and he seemed to be distressed. They took him to the vet, left, and never came back. He had heat stroke, but luckily was taken to the vet in time.
Fast forward - he's now ours, officially.

He's a very, very scared dog, but he is making progress. Slowly. One good thing is that he's not showed any signs of aggression. In fact, he's starting to show a very loving side.
He's still not too sure about our other Newfie, Dinty. But hopefully with time, that will get sorted.
Here's our boy, Mungo.

This was taken after he'd been dematted, brushed, and bathed - quite a few times!

Two weeks ago, we had to say goodbye to another one of our boys, Rollie. He was 13. His body was plain tuckered out.
I've had to make the decision to say goodbye a number of times, but it never gets any easier.
Losing 2 of them in 6 months has been tough, and I miss them both heaps. Needless to say, there's been lots of tears.
Our boy Rollie. I really miss that smile.

And just so he doesn't feel left out, my little buddy Dinty. He's 11.

doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:57 AM

Re: My boys

nice pics love m b,,,,,,,,,,,still miss my Holly who died in march,,,we still have the memories .
im sure the new feller will come round to loving his new home
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 08:48 AM

What lovely dogs! I know your new boy may take a little while to settle in, and will probably create a bit of hard work for you , but I am sure he will soon fill the space that was left by the 2 you sadly lost. Please let us know how he progresses.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Ah, they are lovely Lovemyboys.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Lovemyboys I am so sorry you have lost two of your beautiful boys, I understand only too well how you must feel, as you know. Your new boy is absolutely gorgeous and of course you won't part with him, I doubt you could bear to. It seems you have already come a long way with him towards his "rehabilitation" into a loving home and with your love and care he will soon be a happy and relaxed boy, who I'm sure will bring you lots of love and joy in the future. He is truly gorgeous, as they all are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:40 AM

Hi Jackie so sorry to hear about Rollie
Sadly the price we pay for loving our dogs so much is the pain we feel when losing them, the two things are inseparable.

Mungo has a lovely face I am sure with your care Jackie he will learn to trust and come into his own in time.
I hope the inbreeding doesn't throw up any skeletal problems for you .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:14 AM

You have given him a good home and with plenty of love he will continue to improve and in time he will pay you back many times over.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:00 PM

Sad sad time you've had but I have feeling helping this one learn to trust again will make a very special bond between you and help you find your joy again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Sorry you had two sad losses. The photos are lovely and Mungo looks very special - but what sad eyes he has. I am certain they will not stay that way for long now that he realises he is yours for keeps!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 04:36 PM

Sorry to hear you have lost two of your boys Jackie, memories stay and I hope Mungo will help to fill that gap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top